Senior System Engineer
Deerfield, IL (with travel to client sites)
If you are a customer-focused IT professional seeking your next challenge, this is a brilliant opportunity to progress your career with a successful business.
For over 30 years, our client's IT-focused consultancy services have enabled businesses to improve, succeed and flourish. They are now looking for a Senior System Engineer to join their team in Deerfield.
Our client fosters a collaborative, team-oriented environment where leaders are responsive to the needs of all employees. You will have the chance to share your ideas, have your voice heard and really make your mark.
As the Senior System Engineer, you will provide the engineering expertise needed to design and configure servers and networkinfrastructure at various mid-tier client environments.
In this client-facing role, you will manage multiple priorities to ensure that projects are completed within set timescales and client satisfaction is achieved.
You'll configure server hardware, system backups, network and routing, software distribution loads, system monitoring agents and allocate disk storage.
Additionally, your duties will involve:
- Meeting with clients to identify resolutions to their issues
- Providing high level server administration and network support, primarily in a Microsoft environment
- Taking ownership of hardware and software maintenance, upgrades and designs
- Researching potential changes to server technologies
- Mentoring junior members of staff
To be considered, you will need:
- Technical expertise, including server Operating Systems, printers, peripherals, customer-specific applications and mobile devices
- An advanced understanding of servers and networks, TCP/IP and communications protocols
- A strong understanding of server Operating Systems, general applications and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of various screen sharingtechnologies and server monitoring tools and/or capabilities
- An understanding of backup processes and how to manage backup applications
- Proficiency in networktechnologies, including firewall configuration and troubleshooting and network
switching and routing
- Technical writing skills, including processes, how-to documents, network and server designs and SOWs
- The ability to think strategically/for the long-term and identify the broader impact of design decisions to provide strategic advice to clients
- The ability to collaborate with clients and transform requirements into a sound server or networkarchitecture design
Team-oriented and highly organized, as the Senior System Engineer, you'll have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You'll also have excellent problem-solving and time-management abilities.
To apply for the role of Senior System Engineer, pleaseapply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: Senior System Engineer, Senior IT Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Senior Service Desk Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Engineer, IT Project Manager, Technical Project Manager, IT.