We are excited that we are adding a new member to our team! As a Senior System Engineer, you will provide system implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of Cerner's solutions and services.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for performing daily system operations tasks to verify system integrity and availability as well as perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware/OS upgrades and resource optimization.
You will also implement monitoring for applications and servers and respond to alarms in a timely manner preventing client impact and performance degradation. Additionally, you will manage change and project activities while also communicating with impacted stakeholders.
You will also develop and deploy automation tools to optimize daily activities and complete assigned incident management tasks.
Finally, you are responsible for deploying setup and maintaining complex testing environments and provide tier III and other support per service request. We are glad you are considering joining our innovative team to make your impact on health and care.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 2 years of system engineering work experience
- Experience with Server Operating Systems (Windows and Linux), Active Directory and Microsoft Domain Services (DHCP, DNS...)
- Experience with Desktop and Server Virtualization (VMware)
- Experience with Citrix
- Experience with Endpoint Management/Software Deployment solutions (SCCM)
- Experience with automation through scripting
- Willing to work overtime or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Willing to participate in On-call rotation
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs., i.e. server, network equipment
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the Lowell, MA area..