As a member of the Automotive Systems Division (ASD) Future Experiences Engineering Team, this position will be responsible for all system aspects to deliver new user experiences and product concepts. These products will include Bose offerings that combine aspects of both consumer and automotive products, tie in cloud based experiences where applicable, and will allow ASD to expand their product portfolio. For that reason, we are looking for not only a technically strong and competent Systems Engineer/Architect, but also an agile and creative mind. A detail obsessed person who is capable of prototyping new products and ideas, solving technical problems, and producing compelling concepts for user evaluation.
The candidate must demonstrate agility in systems thinking and rapid prototyping of consumer electronic products. You will be utilizing custom and off-the-shelf electronics in support of high performance and low power applications, which include linear/switching regulators, Bluetooth radios, DSP cores, audio codecs and amplifiers, sensors (inertial measurement units, capacitive/inductive/magnetic, light/color, environmental) and embedded control software. Additionally, the candidate collaborates with industry vendors to specify the systems requirements of future products enabling Bose to maintain competitive advantage.
A candidate must have strong and diverse skills in Systems architecture and technologies used in electronic products, such as: audio analog and digital electronics, embedded micro-controllers, FPGAs, batteries and portable power systems, acoustic transducers & microphones, wireless systems (NFC/RFID, Bluetooth, WiFi, cellular) and RF electronics
- Work within a small technical team spanning multiple domains (Hardware, Software, Mechanical, UI/UX, Systems, and Application). This team will be responsible for delivering on all technical aspects from idea to prototype to eventual product in an agile, flexible and creative environment.
- Responsible for all Systems development aspects for the ASD Next team, from evaluating Hardware and Software interaction and interfaces, defining the system architecture(s) and systemic needs - starting with the Idea, through conceptualization and developing it into a sellable product.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and partner to ensure we can deliver future user experiences based on systems architectures that are competitive, compelling and future proof.
- Help drive the research into new and exciting technologies, and collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property.
- Enforce adherence to Bose Systems Design Criteria and Bose Product Specifications, and help influence future Bose Design guidelines.
- Ensure all product and systems requirements documentation is accurate and detailed.
- Work with qualification teams to ensure the system reliability of the concepts/experiences/products
- Provide the expert guidance for technical go / no go decisions for product and experience concepts related to Systems Architecture and Interfaces.
- A BS in Electrical, Systems or Embedded SW engineering or related technical field is required. A mastersdegree or higher degree is preferred, although comparable experiences will be valued as well.
- The candidate should have 10+ years of progressive technical experience.
- Experience in defining and delivering overall System Designs/Architectures from idea to concept to product delivery is strongly preferred.
- Experience in automotive electronics and related consumer electronics, is strongly preferred.
- Experience with agile and flexible development cycles is preferred.
- Understanding of RF/Wireless technologies is strongly preferred. Background in DSP and multi-purpose processor architectures, along with peripheral interfaces, is a requirement. Knowledge of transducers, batteries and power management is an additional plus.
- Must have experienceworking with Engineering Service providers, including creation and execution of Statements of Work working with 3rd party providers.
- Prefer candidates who have experience working across company divisions and managing products that span multiple functional areas and feature sets.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail, planning and organizational skills
- Creative, outside-the box thinking is a strong plus for this role, as this role will be part of the creation of new products and experiences.
- Specific technical experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of multiple, successful, product development experiences from concept through prototyping, qualification and product delivery.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence cross-divisional cooperation
- Ability to provide presentations on technology to internal and external customers
- Long term strategic and integrative thinking with a strong understanding of technology trends and how they can be relevant to automotive use cases.
- Ability to share your visions and participation in the ideation/creative process.