Overview and Responsibilities
- Server as a subject matter expert for the Epic EMR Citrix environment
- Design, test and deploy new implementations and updates to existing infrastructure in accordance to Vendors recommendations and best practices.
- Manage and support NetScaler, XenApp, XenDesktop, and Storefront
- Manage Citrix application builds, release cycles, patching and test schedules
- Provision Citrix servers as needed.
- Provide system level administration/maintenance for Epic Citrix infrastructure, to include hundreds of XenApp servers.
- Perform firmware, hardware, and OS upgrades, and required patch management.
- Perform short-term and long-term server capacity planning
- Monitor overall system performance and perform the necessary tuning.
- Develop necessary scripts to automate key administration tasks.
- Perform Epic software Special Updates (SU) as needed.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team.
- Work closely with respective technical counterparts at Epic systems – in Verona Wisconsin.
- Participate in required change management process.
- Participate in technical support for end-users – via various methods such as remote tools, email, phone and sometimes a site visit.
- Actively participate in triage and support activities using the standard help desk process and approved software tools, and to ensure that trouble tickets are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate as needed in required TDR (Technical Dress Rehearsal) activities that are conducted by the Epic technical team.
- Participation in on-call rotation which includes carrying and responding to a pager 7x24 during the on-call period.
- Be willing to travel to Epic’s corporate headquarters for the necessary Epic specific training that maybe needed.
- Participate in other duties as required.
- Citrix Studio & Director experience.
- Experience with Vmware/Xenserver, Hyper-V or other server virtualization technologies
- Experience with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Experience in architecture of large scale Citrix environments.
- Experience in designing, deploying and supporting large-scale Citrix environments using XenApp, XenDesktop, Storefront, PVS, Netscaler and Citrix Receiver
- Experience in managing and Deploying multiple high availability Citrix Farms, XenApp 7.x and above.
- Expert knowledge of Citrix configurations and ICA inner workings
- Experience in implementing Citrix performance, optimization, scalability, security, high-availability, monitoring, printing, connectivity and group policy.
- Experience with Windows 2012 & 2016 Server technologies – to include Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize workload and often work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with creating various technical docs/diagrams using MS Visio
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be willing to participate in 24/7 oncall rotation.
- Participate in other duties as assigned/required.
- Experience acting as a technical lead, preferably in a healthcare environment, in support of a large, complex vendor application.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Experience with Netscaler appliance and general load balancing.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows server environments.
- Familiarity with using various tools like lifecycle management, software distribution, software monitoring – like SCCM, SCOM, Group Policies.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Windows 7/10 and application delivery/packaging solutions.
- Familiarity with PowerShell, or any other form of scripting and automation.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working with, and including detailed.
- Knowledge of SAN disk storage technology from a major hardware vendor .
- Minimum 6 years of experience with in depth knowledge of server
virtualization technology - Example VMWare or Xenserver.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience performing Windows system administration duties in a critical production environment, preferable healthcare.
- Microsoft – MCSA, or MCP, or MCTS.
- Citrix – CCA or CCP.
- VMware – VCP-DCV or VCA-DTM
- Must have or pass Epic’s ESCA certification (after attending the appropriate training at Epic’s campus, Verona Wisconsin) within 3 attempts.