This Senior System Design Engineer position is offered by the Engineering group of the BBP Division. The charter of the group is to develop and provide inline monitoring solutions to the semiconductor fabrication industry for detecting and understanding yield limiting defects that impact cutting edge devices. This position offers a unique opportunity to those who are seeking technical challenges in the following domains: advanced microscopy technology; broadband DUV optical system characterization; high speed high precision motion control; high speed high precision auto-focus system; high power broadband DUV light source; light/material interaction; image processing and machine learning algorithms.
Major job responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzing the signal and noise characteristics of yield limiting defects on cutting edge IC devices through collaboration with the customer
- Formulating optical and/or algorithmic solutions that enable reliable detection of these defects.
- Validating the solution concept via simulation and prototyping.
- Working with various engineering functional teams to translate the above solution concept into actual product design specifications. Create and execute test plans and perform analysis to validate system performance against the specifications.
- Working with engineering functional teams on the design and execution of the product/feature evaluation plan to demonstrate the entitlement of the product/feature inside customer's fab
- Working with the manufacturing arm of the company to establish solid manufacturing process and procedures to ensure the new product developed by the engineering team can be manufactured in volume and meet cycle time and out-of-box quality target.
- Light travel (<=15%) to customer and vender sites is expected
- Must have a strong background in engineering or physical sciences field. Solid analytical and problem solving skill is a must-have.
- Must have a good understanding of Optical, Electromechanical and Software systems and their interactions in the context of complex industrial equipment.
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills in optics, opto-mechanics, and motion control systems. Able to define a DOE to validate a hypothesis
- Experience with lasers and illumination systems, CCD/CMOS cameras is a plus.
- Should be familiar with scientific and statistical analysis tools and SW tools such as Matlab, JMP, Zemax, and LabView. Jpython scripting capability is a plus.
- Experience in developing a subsystem in one or more of the above areas are highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process.
- Should have the ability to influence functional groups to drive system level design decisions.
- Agility and ability to thrive on a fast-paced program and respond quickly to customer escalations.
- Ability to define objectives clearly, create and track schedules effectively, and lead a cross-function team to a solution.
- Must be an effective communicator able to share technical information with functional groups and provide executive level reports to management and customers.
- PhD or MS in applied optics, mechanical/electrical engineering, physics or related disciplines desired
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience.ORMaster's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.ORBachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.