POSITION SUMMARYThe Senior System Administrator provides systems direction, policies, standardization, maintenance, support, and troubleshooting for the following: System hardware/software/systems, integrations and escalations for endpoint systems. Must have knowledge around the following technologies: Microsoft client and server technologies, virtualization platforms, cloud hosting, and familiarization with Cisco network devices. Some user and IT support and mentoring are required, and the creation and delivery of training is essential. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides thought leadership and ownership of system design and implementation.
- Acts diligently to ensure information security policies are followed.
- Creates best practice system design include security hardening, ensuring they are maintained and managed accordingly.
- Resolves escalated problems related to IT infrastructure creatively and quickly.
- Coach and mentor team members, ensuring successful training and knowledge sharing.
- Recommends solutions for use within the organization.
- Leads change initiatives to make a positive impact for the business.
- Plans, organizes, communicates, and controls projects tasks and deliverable.
- Implements and executes new/upgraded technologies to support and meet company objectives through thorough research and evaluation.
- Creates technical documentation including procedures, standards, best practices, break/fix solutions and manuals as needed.
- Evaluates and implements IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency.
- Keeps current on trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Participates in implementation and administration of various system environments and platforms.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment as related to the performance of the duties and responsibilities described above.
- Responsible for ensuring personal/ professional information is accurate, secured and maintained.
- Works collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
- Complies with all company and client safety standards.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and partner with external vendors
- Provide outstanding client service.
- Minimal travel to other Ulteig sites as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of IT systems including but not limited to virtualization, messaging, directory services, Windows 2012//2016 Server, Windows desktop OS, and server architecture.< >t possess well-rounded knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively troubleshoot.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal/written communications, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities.
- Requires good analytical thinking and excellent customer service skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Degree in IT, MIS, CS, CIS or other related computer field; 4-year degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems administration or related position.
- Relevant IT certifications a plus.
- Experience in system and network security.
- LAN/WAN experience a plus
Job Id: 1475