Description of Position:
- Provide desktop, server, and network administration support to mission and analytic networks.
- Primary responsibilities include desktop support, application support, server administration, user account support, and basic support to LANinfrastructure.
- Periodic on-call hours are required, as are shifted schedules to accommodate mission needs during surge periods
Education and Experience Required:
- Ideal candidates should be familiar with the following:
• Managing and configuring the following (including from provisioning to application installs/hardening)
• Server versions of Windows and Linux
• Client versions of Windows
• Operating and maintaining a virtual environment
- A minimum of five (5) years system administration experience with computer systems.
- Within the last three (3) years, experience with either UNIX or Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Within the last three (3) years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of two (2) years scriptingexperience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of two (2) years experience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities.
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) or Redhat Certified Technician (RHCT) certification is highly desirable and can substitute for 1 yearexperience.
- One of the following certifications is desirable: A+, Network+, Security+, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), or Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP).
- TS/SCI with Polygraph, updated within the last 12months
- Cannot have NFNA
- No CCA accepted
- No ITAR accepted