As part of our operations team, maintain efficient and trouble-free operation of on-premise and vendor-managed systems that power the American Red Cross marketing technology stack. This includes assets at the network, infrastructure, operating system and application layers in a heterogeneous ecosystem including technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, RHEL, Ubuntu, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, RESTful web services, Java/J2EE, AngularJS, Akamai services and related platforms. Additionally, the system administrator will be a key collaboration point with software engineers in the rollout, maintenance, usage and optimization of DevOps systems. Specific tasks may include:
- Formulating and running a proactive maintenance schedule for software/firmware patches, log rotation, log archiving, repository optimization and similar activities.
- Responding to internal requests for analysis on asset performance.
- Responding to end-user help requests.
- Troubleshooting systems end-to-end from a user perspective in order to reproduce and diagnose a reported user flow problem.
- Working with software engineers, architects and others to set up and/or optimize DevOps tools, including issue tracking, build automation, test automation, deployment automation and configuration management.
- Proactively recommend improvements to systems that keep ARC current with evolving best practices in technology management.
- 5+ years overall experience maintaining a highly-available heterogeneous technology stack for a leading brand/organization
- 2+ years’ experience deploying and maintaining Adobe Experience Manager
- 2+ years’ experience deploying and operating container-based systems running in AWS or Azure, preferably on a Docker orchestration platform such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes.
- Advanced knowledge and facility with common CLI tools
- Working knowledge of basic concepts in OSI Model, n-tier architectures, and C4 modeling
- Enthusiasm and commitment to being part of a high-performing engineering team
- Computer Science degree, or similar