As an AS/400 Developer, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of software applications critical to the operations of CVS Health . The AS/400 Developer is essential to ensuring the success of the EZTest application team in their support of both internal and external clients. The AS/400 Developer is responsible for developing and implementing complex technology solutions, ensuring and adhering to all established methodologies standards and guidelines .
As part of the Rx Claim Adjudication team, you will be expected to be proficient in all critical functions of the application development and will champion SDLC methodologies and best practices in the team to ensure that quality standards are met.
Additional responsibilities of the AS/400 Developer include:
- Analysis & Design Coding
- Program specifications
- Writing test plans and documenting results
- Testing and debugging
- Delivering assignments within specified time frames.
- Providing effective support to the application
- 3+ years of application development experience in AS/400, RPG, RPGLE and CL
- 3+ years of working experience in an SDLC environment
- 6+ years of application development experience in AS/400, RPG, RPGLE and CL
- 2+ years of Synon/2e experience
- 3+ years of working experience in an SDLC environment ‒ Demonstrated successful completion of several medium to large scope projects; demonstrated proficiency working on all phases of SDLC; demonstrated proficiency with problem determination and resolution through research and fact-finding
- Effective communication skills are required to facilitate meetings in both technical and business audiences, often across multiple functional areas
- Experience in PBM Insurance or Healthcare industry is desirable
- Experience with Rx Claim or other PBM system is preferred
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required two additional years of experience are required for each year of college not attained.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Job ID: 714138BR