RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis. The Division for Statistical and Data Sciences is seeking a senior level Survey Statistician to work on projects in the domains of public health, health care, health communications, global health, social science research, sample surveys, and the environment. Candidates must possess creative and adaptive thinking skills, be resourceful. As a Senior Survey Statistician, you will be asked to lead efforts to identify and secure funding for surveys, liaise with clients, manage project teams, and publish results. Additionally, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary team of social scientists, survey methodologists and specialists, programmers, and subject matter experts.
• Assist with or lead the preparation research proposals by writing sections of the technical proposal and providing statistical analysis support• Develop solutions to problems where established theories and techniques have not been identified or where established procedures are not yet available• Lead or assist in the development of innovative sampling design and analysis procedures.• Lead or assist with sample size and power calculations• Lead or assist with sample frame construction• Specify weighting methods and other methodology, such as imputations, to compensate for missing survey data• Apply standard statistical and/or data management software package(s) to execute data processing and data analysis methodologies• Conduct data processing and technically complicated data analysis without supervision• Assist with training and mentoring of less experienced statisticians• Participate in appropriate professional development and scientific stature activities, including publications, presentations, independent research, and continuing education
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or Mathematics with at least ten years of nonacademic related experience
- Five years of experience with Survey Statistics
- Experience in contract research
- Experience with sampling design, nonresponse adjustment procedures, and analysis of data from complex sample survey
- Strong oral and written communication skills( as demonstrated in a writing sample and possible presentation.