Westat is seeking a senior survey sampling statistician.
- · Developing sample designs (determining stratification and allocation to strata; determine sample size based on differences and power and determine optimal clustering; and select sample).
- · Selecting and/or constructing appropriate sample frame and developing and documenting weighting plan which includes non-response adjustment and bench-marking.
- · Developing and conducting imputation for item nonresponse and estimating sampling errors using appropriate software.
- · Writing specifications for programmers; and preparing reports on sample design, weighting procedures and other methodological issues.
- · Demonstrated experience meeting with clients and conveying complex statistical concepts.
- · A Ph.D. in statistics with coursework in survey sampling or a master’s in statistics or survey sampling or PhD in survey sampling. Candidates with a master’s degree, at least 15yrs of experience in sample survey design, selection, and weighting is required. Candidates with a Ph.D. degree at least 10yrs of experience in sample survey design, selection, and weighting is required.
- Candidates must have a publication record in the field.