There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve their business goals by providing outstanding service and support to our most critical customers, which is the primary responsibility of the Support Account Manager (SAM). A Support Account Manager has developed an excellent balance of business and technical skills that allows them to operate at multiple levels within the customer’s business environment and understand the customer’s platform use and operation as well. The SAM coordinates and engages with Sales, Professional Services, Support and Engineering to ensure that customers have the best Snowflake experience possible. A thorough understanding of a customer’s business, as well as operational and tactical goals and objectives, are key critical success factors.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Operate as the point of contact for assigned customers.
- Create and manage assigned tasks and deliverables for customers.
- Actively observe, interface and manage the reporting for a customer’s environment related to program deliverables.
- Management of the day-to-day aspects of support cases, incidents, and escalations for assigned customers.
- Presenting the Global Account Management programs and principles to internal teams and customers alike, including events, company and user conferences.
- Coordinating with team members to help ensure consistent service is being delivered.
- Articulating and understanding a customer’s business model, goals, objectives, schedules and operations and how the Snowflake platform impacts their business.
- Preparing, presenting and reviewing plans related to version control, upgrades and environmental changes.
- Translating business goals into operational and tactical objectives while ensuring that customers are staying on their strategic path.
- Developing strong partnerships with the customer’s business and operational leaders to drive focus on support related aspects and issues.
- Promoting continuous improvement based on data-driven conversations.
- Coordinating and leading review meetings, focusing on support related data such as cases, incidents, platform performance and operational aspects.
- Leveraging metrics to make strategic decisions, concentrating on results.
- Possesses a positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working as a member of a high performing, fast paced team.
- Works with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Interacts internally and externally with multiple levels of an organization, including C-level individuals.
- Is results oriented, leveraging data, metrics and open feedback to make operational, tactical and strategic decisions.
- Displays high levels of attention to detail, planning expertise and execution.
- Understands both proactive and reactive support management practices and how to collaborate with other Snowflake teams to best support our customers.
- BA/BS in a business-related field and/or equivalent years working in the software industry and/or cloud platform industry (6+ years).
- 4+ years of direct Support and/or Support Services related experience with a proven track record of delivering business value and improvement.
- 3+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or a private cloud environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing enterprise customer relationships as a Support Account Manager (SAM), Business Critical Account Manager (BCAM) or Technical Account Manager (TAM).
- Technical competence in base Service/Platform/Infrastructure(SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) architectures, application, use and management.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and receptive listening skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy, proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial solutions.
- The ability to present complex ideas, processes and methodologies in a clear, concise fashion to technical, non-technical and executive audiences.
- Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing relationships with leadership, colleagues, and clients.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse fundamentals and concepts.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?