Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking a visionary agent for change to lead our Supply Chain Organization in Lynnwood, WA. We are looking for a Sr. Supply Chain Manager join our high performing Operations Team.
The Sr. Supply Chain Manager will direct a tactical team of managers and associates in a tiered organization. Through subordinate managers this position will lead a team of Buyer/Planners and Material Handlers at Crane's highest volume Aerospace site that is responsible for more than $60 Million in spend across 300+ suppliers. In addition, a team of SIOP Leaders and Supply Chain Analysts report directly to the Sr. Supply Chain Manager. The selected candidate will be accountable and responsible for inventory management, supplier performance, material replenishment systems and inbound/outbound logistics, to maximize customer satisfaction through best-in-class on-time delivery, lead-time and quality metrics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the execution of supply chain strategies that support objectives for material cost reduction, supplier on-time delivery (OTD), inventory reduction, supplier quality and supplier lead times.
- Responsible for site tactical procurement activities, receiving, stockroom and shipping departments to include all assigned personnel and the integrity of all relevant data in the system.
- Responsible for supplier performance as it pertains to on time delivery and quality of product.
- Responsible for leading the efforts to develop, implement and manage alternate material replenishment methods (consignment, Kanban, vendor managed) that increase turns year over year while supporting 100% customer on-time delivery and lead-time reduction.
- Develop visual standard work for all major processes and insure compliance. Define standard work and Lean tools for all processes in Supply Chain.
- Develop, implement and support processes that continually reduce the number of transactions required to maintain and move materials and information flows
- Support Value Stream Managers' efforts to establish "point of use" inventory, make/buy decisions and other initiatives
- Build and motivate a highly skilled, highly regarded customer focused team.
- Requires occasional travel to suppliers and other Crane sites
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in Supply Chain in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Five (5) or more years of management experience with direct reports.
- Direct experience implementing Lean concepts (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Leadership, 5S, etc.)
- Prior experience implementing a pull system/Kanban approach to component flow.
- Extensive sourcing experience and knowledge/experience with eSourcing tools.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with Oracle (or other) MRP/ERP system and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical, organization, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated success to develop and execute comprehensive supply chain strategies and action plans.
- Ability to develop, lead, and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively as part of a team in a matrix organization.
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships & influence up, down and across organizational lines.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Ability to influence and drive change and accountability.
- Ability to manage competing interests while maintaining a sense of urgency and to meet frequent short timelines, goals, and deadlines.
- Proven expertise in developing supplier quality systems and supplier performance metrics.
- Proven ability to resolve problems quickly using outside the box thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business or related field; coupled with strong industry Supply Chain experience.
- Master's level degree preferred
- Certification in APICS and/or ISM is highly desired.
Employment Eligibility Requirement
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. Because we contract with the US Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).