The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer performs supplier source inspections, first article inspections, supplier surveys and audits assuring supplier corrective action where required and will work with team members in procurement, receiving inspection and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the supplier rating system, which will define the total cost of ownership of products procured from suppliers.
- Implement and maintain a supplier approval system that will, in a cost effective manner, qualify suppliers to do business with the company and meet varied purchase order requirements. Possibly conduct or witness first articles internally or at the supplier. Write validation plans, when needed.
- Direct and oversee lean initiatives at supplier facilities and assist in implementing lean manufacturing processes at all key suppliers.
- Assure the means for procurement to issue purchase orders to qualified/approved suppliers and all requirements are included in the purchase orders. Manage the supplier corrective action system to identify and correct supplier problems in a timely manner.
- Act as primary interface between the company and suppliers in resolving technical problems and performing source control inspections. Coordinate with functional departments and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely manner. Aid in determining the responsibility of discrepant hardware already received into the company and issued to the shop or shipped to customers. Establish and maintain effective communications with other operating departments and suppliers to facilitate problem identification/resolution and compliance with various specification requirements for supplier control.
- Develop plans, programs and/or initiatives to ensure constant improvement to supplier quality performance and product reliability.
- Prepare and maintain reports such as supplier performance, survey results, specification compliance, corrective actions, trip reports, etc. Maintain a list of approved suppliers.
- Interface with cell managers to assure all applicable inspections/tests are preformed and to assure that onlyacceptable hardware is received into the company.
- Collect and analyze supplier quality and delivery data. Develop and implement cost effective intervention plansto improve quality and on-time-delivery ratings.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with customers to facilitate problem identification and resolution. Interface with the customer to report on goals and results of quality enhancement work initiatives at multiplemanufacturing sites.
- Monitor suppliers for continuous improvements. Write ECR for drawing changes, if required, Perform special projects, as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of a general technical field such mechanical or industrial engineering.
- BS degree in related engineering field.
- Thorough understanding of AS9100 regulations certification process.
- Over 7 years up to and including 10 years of Experience.
Apply NowEmail this job to a friendShare this job
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).