Own all aspects of global supplier relationships, which impact the Cost of Quality (COQ) to GE. Measure, prevent, react and enforce processes and procedures to manage suppliers reactively and proactively. This includes initial selection andqualification of suppliers, continuous improvement and development throughout the life-cycle of the supplier, cross-functional support for all related programs, and triage to permanent solutions. Lead development and implementation of business wide coatings strategy impacting supply chain and raw materials into GE manufacturing sites.
What you will Do
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Own all aspects of proactive and reactive quality throughout the product lifecycle.
- Initiate and lead the 9-step process with the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools by partnering with Technology to identify, understand and abate issues for NPI and C changes.
- Conduct Critical Part Risk Reviews related to system performance, reliability or quality.
- Lead problem definition and reactive problem solving through containment, identification of root cause and corrective action with eCAR / SCAR.
- Lead process changes through the GE Change Control Process.
- Lead and own Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements associated with a change.
- Lead business and technical surveys with Sourcing and Technology teams to assess supplier capabilities and make business recommendations for strategic/tactical supplier development and evaluation of new suppliers.
- Develop solutions to support qualification of new suppliers to GE Appliances by conducting supplier visits for on-site assessments, identifying necessary corrective actions and improvements and tracking to closure
- Perform annual audits to monitor supplier QMS (Quality Management System) compliance and effectiveness.
- Lead qualification of alternate sources for mitigation of business risk, including expansion of supplier portfolio for commercial leverage, TOW (Transfer of Work) or NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Lead problem definition and reactive problem solving through containment, identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Manage supplier onboarding process and lead all functional participation for supplier launch of new products.
- Identify areas for cost reduction across assigned supplier base including internal supplier process, quality improvements, Variable Cost Productivity (VCP) and material usage.
- Utilize LEAN manufacturing concepts to improve supplier processes to deliver on cost savings ideas including reduction of waste and rework.
- Ensure supplier compliance with all safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Work cross functionally with technology, manufacturing and sourcing leaders to implement continuous improvement projects related to Metals CBT parts.
- Build the foundation for proactive quality engineering within the Metals CBT
- Identify new technologies and processes that deliver on cost, quality and appearance.
- Interface with suppliers, applicators and manufacturing sites to improve control, product quality and NPI implementation.
- Leverage expertise to influence Sourcing global supplier commodity strategy.
- Serve as a technology and design process expert to improve external supplier performance as well as internal manufacturing processes utilizing supplied raw materials.
- Guide cross-functional project teams to drive standardization and simplification in metals process technologies.
What you need to Succeed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Engineering or Technical degree (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum 10years Supply Chain, Quality and/or Technical experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong background in applying statistical tools for process and product development and control (i.e. Gage R&R, Process Capability, Control Plans, SPC, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOEs)).
- Skilled and experienced with reading and understanding prints, dimensions and tolerances. Basic understanding of GD&T.
- Experienced with problem solving tools and techniques (i.e. 8-D, 5 Whys, 7 Ways, DOE, eCAR, Fishbone, Pareto, Six Sigma, First Piece, PPAP).
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership to influence and drive change within a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience with metals manufacturing processes such as stamping, casting, roll forming and extrusion
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, manage and implement aggressive project plans both globally and domestically
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex information and prepare concise executive summaries
- Prior international work experience & multi-lingual (Chinese, Spanish, etc.)
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing experience
- Six Sigma certified (Green Belt, Black Belt or Master Black Belt)
- GE training program graduate (OMLP, TLP, EEDP)
- Master’s degree