$80K — $100K *
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• Analyzes and investigates material defects related to complex issues discovered at incoming inspection, manufacturing and in the field using problem solving methodologies to drive to root cause. Determines and executes appropriate material disposition strategies to support commercial demands. Provides guidance in root cause investigations and CAPA's.
• Leads moderately complex initiatives to eliminate/reduce nonconformances, improve efficiencies and drive down cost in the organization and at the supplier. Collaborates with suppliers to implement corrective actions through the CAPA process to eliminate/reduce future nonconformances.
• Acts as a liaison between Abbott and suppliers for cross functional projects and manages supplier driven activities.
• Maintains component specifications for approved components. Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to respective procedures.
• Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment. Qualifies tool and equipment. Plans and executes test method validations including analysis of data using statistical techniques.
• Provides support for material qualifications of new components, second sourcing projects and changes to approved components.
• Plans and executes supplier audits. Manages supplier investigations and corrective actions related to supplier audit findings.
• Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments. Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance and work direction, and offering counsel.
• Leads a project team. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. Influences middle management on technical or business solutions. Interacts with suppliers in a professional manner.
• Plans, organizes, and establish priorities of daily work routine, project tasks and work assignments to meet planned due dates and timelines. Ability to manage a variety of due dates simultaneously.
• Exercises judgment using a risk-based approach when necessary in proposing innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related work experience with a strong understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Good organizational and project management skills.
• Wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to independently execute problem solving methodologies to obtain root cause and propose corrective and/or preventative actions to eliminate/reduce future nonconformances.
• Strong understanding of business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships.
• Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills; critical-thinking skills. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Advanced degreepreferred.
Valid through: 11/17/2020