Senior Supplier Manager-CLA0001XV
Job Summary The Senior Supplier Manager is accountable for the execution of relevant supply category strategy for a CNA function and supplier management activities including consulting, performance trends, issue management, corrective action plans, and process improvements for all assigned supplier categories. This role will manage suppliers using Performance, Contract, Finance, Risk and Relationship to support a corresponding line of business. The role will have accountability for coordinating moderate to high complexity business requirements and the sourcing negotiation and contracting for new/potential suppliers. Essential Duties & Responsibilities Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Collaborate with functional line of business to develop Category Strategy by identifying their product and service requirements, provide supply market insights to form a short & long term view.
- Provide input and recommendation into the appropriate strategies and levers to apply to procure products and services at the optimal terms and pricing.
- Execute on the identified sourcing strategy and applying the identified sourcing levers through RFPs, soft-market-tests, and other mechanisms.
- Recommend plans for negotiating with suppliers to achieve improved terms and pricing, such as by conducting a thorough due diligence of supplier incentives and pain points, assigning roles for the negotiations, level-setting on the desired outcomes, scenario planning, etc. Participate with EPG to execute the negotiations strategy
- Liaisons with necessary groups to obtain approval of contracts according to the agreed upon terms and pricing; this includes but is not limited to Line of Business, IT and Procurement.
- Manages supplier relationships utilizing the five pillars of supplier management including Performance, Contract, Finance, Risk and Relationship
- Manages suppliers service effectiveness to ensure that related goals and contracted service levels are met or exceeded.
- Investigates issue management including identifying problems, root cause analysis, securing relevant information, and recommending solutions.
- Provides financial oversight including overtime cost, invoice validation and service credit monitoring.
- Identifies and mitigates risk exposure through engagement with 3rd parties, regular risk tracking, recommending contingency and business continuity plans, and tiering supplier according to their risk exposure for the enterprise.
- Acts as a change agent to others.
May perform additional duties as assigned. Reporting Relationship Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of specialty area as well as solid knowledge of departmental sourcing practices and procedures as they relate to the organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
- Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skill.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and with personnel at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be results and detailed oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum of five to eight years’ work experience in supplier management.