Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Evaluate and qualify suppliers based on selection criteria.
• Audit and perform assessments (scorecard) at supplier sites.
• Establish, track, and trend key supplier performance metrics.
• Use data analytics to make recommendations on actions.
• Identify, quantify, prioritize, and drive supplier improvement projects.
• Review, approve, and release engineering change orders to suppliers.
• Develop and execute qualification plans with engineering and manufacturing teams.
• Review, initiate, and represent supplier recommended design changes to internal engineering teams.
• Understand and represent supplier capabilities to engineering teams during program design changes / development.
• Drive Cepheid requirements at supplier, while representing supplier capabilities within Cepheid
• Review, drive corrective actions, and approve supplier issues (Non conforming material, corrective action requests, etc).
• Provide input and update internal supplier selection and qualification processes.
Education or Experience (in years):
• Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience with an Engineering Bachelor's of Science degree
• A technical degree in either: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a technical competency in this area based on related experience.
Knowledge and skills:
• Demonstrated technical and analytical ability.
• Strong / Concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Experienced and comfortable with executive level presentations (.ppt / "elevator pitches").
• Familiar with ISO and GMPMD requirements.
• Demonstrated experience working directly with internal functional organizations and suppliers on a regular basis.
• Demonstrated experience with manufacturing processes and controls related to area of expertise.
• High degree of professional acumen.
• Demonstrated experience with high volume electrical/mechanical manufacturing processes - automated processes, manual assembly, and functional tests.
• Demonstrated experience with production line setup and validation.
• Demonstrated experience with equipment selection, operation, and processing
• Demonstrated experience with manufacturing approaches for high/low volume/mix.
• Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers.
• Understanding of processing limitations and design characteristics
• Some travel domestically and internationally is required (15%)
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
• Masters Degree (business or technical)
• APICs certification
• Must be willing and able to travel to supplier locations – primarily regionally located
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Power Point, Agile, and SAP
• Ability to read and interpret product Bill of Materials (BOM's)
• Must be a self-starter and be able to operate independent of day to day supervision
• Self-starter with the ability to adapt, critical thinking skills, and problem solve under pressure