Responsible for ensuring accurate accounting, tracking, analytics and reconciliation of assigned supplier allowance vendors. This position requires extensive interaction with the merchandise groups across all business units, and vendors to ensure proper controls and best practices are established surrounding the accounting of earned vendor allowances, and to expedite resolution of any open issues. The position requires an understanding of vendor contracts and the ability to correctly interpret the revenue impact, according to GAAP. This role will be responsible for communicating the status of vendor programs to all levels of management.
- Manage and review all accounting for assigned vendors, including earned allowances, and prepaid allowances in compliance with GAAP, and Company accounting policy.
- Interface with vendors and merchants to develop relationships in order to understand specific complex contractual structures.
- Review and understand contracts and agreements, existing and proposed. Interpret proper accounting and determine how the accounting may affect current, expected or proposed allowance performance or forecast.
- Analyze data from the accounting and merchandise teams and provide recommendations on how to maximize cash flow.
- Support category management planning, budgeting and forecasting with knowledge of allowance programs.
- Design and implement management reporting of monthly key metrics
- Interface with all levels of management
- Utilize SAP and the Data Warehouse to create reporting for financial leadership review
- Perform vendor allowance account reconciliations
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations as requested
- Responsible for process improvements
- Perform supplier allowance confirmation tie outs to Vistex Purchase/Allowance data
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent mathematical/computational and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze information, research and make decisions to mitigate risk
- Proficiency in excel analysis and financial system software (SAP/Vistex/Trend)
- Project management skills and leadership qualities
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to create and manage effective relationships
Bachelors or better.
Five Years of applicable work experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, MBA preferred