North Berwick Aero Systems (NBAS) is experiencing exciting growth in the manufacture of new engine material and the assembly of modules for new engine builds. NBAS is investing in machines and people to assure that we meet the demands of our new engine programs and continue to support our legacy products. As we transition to a high volume manufacturing operation and in support of the value stream alignment across Operations, we have the need for a first shift Materials Supervisor. This role will be responsible for all materials and logistics support for the second shift within NBAS to support;
- Supervision of 1st shift Materials Associates
- Logistics – transportation, documentation, warehousing and export support.
- Module Assembly – warehousing oversight, module and kit management, material releases as necessary and delivery assurance as required.
- Shop materials – material release, movement of material within the shop, delivery assurance as necessary, customer allocations, pack and ship oversight.
Strong SAP knowledge, combined with significant materials management and supply chain experience is needed to complement analytical capability and good communication skills.
This role will work directly with business unit teams, logistics, transportation and senior management as well as Core support organizations to assure NBAS success of on time delivery of material for engine / module build and spare part requirements for our customers.
The final grade level for this position will be dependent on the education, experience, and qualifications of the selected candidate.
Experience / Qualifications
- 3+ years’ related experience
- 2 - 5+ years’ leadership experience
- Read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation & coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving & mathematic skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, processes and procedures
- Must be flexible relative to department assignment and available for off-shift work
- Demonstrated flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize
- Working knowledge of new product / process technologies
- Strong computer skills
- SAPexperiencepreferred in materials and planning
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or equivalent