We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This Senior Supervisor, Manufacturing / Operations supervises entry and intermediate professional level employees or team leaders of production employees and sets day-to-day goals. Manages cell productivity and guides scheduling, sequencing of work, and production innovation to optimize production.
- Ensures all quality related items for multiple cells or a complex cell are complete and documented to meet established quality standards.
- Guides cost reduction and process improvement in multiple cells or a complex cell to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Plans and executes scheduling for multiple cells or a complex cell to meet production schedules.
- Guides the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for multiple cells or a complex cell to optimize productivity.
- Supervises activities for materials and logistics problem resolution for multiple cells or a complex cell to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Manages cell performance and productivity for multiple cells or a complex cell to maximize productivity.
- Guides production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for multiple cells or a complex cell to enhance production capabilities.
- Interfaces with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of service.
- Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
- Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
- Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
- Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines.
- Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
- 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Institution
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Job ID 01292968