Hungry for a fresh, new career? Look no further because one of the world's most iconic brands can help you get there. The Franchisor of Subway Restaurants, with 5 headquarters around the world, is adding to its talent pool. Join thousands of others in a corporate culture that promotes work-life balance and great career opportunities.
Providing an exceptional customer experience is a cornerstone of the Subway brand values. The Senior Supervising Corporate Counsel will be involved in drafting Business Development Agent agreements globally. They will oversee the updating and researching of various country-specific or franchisor-specific versions of such agreements and work on related matters. This role includes supervision of at least one paralegal.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contract management: Oversight of contract renewal processes, transfers, terminations, non-renewals, amendments, performance enhancement plans, payment changes or verification, and other actions and documents, all with input from BDA performance and development teams.
- Drafting and maintenance of BDA Agreement forms to reflect changes in company directives and changes in law and marketplace, negotiations and drafting relating to BDA contract renewals, transfers, terminations, and various other amendments and contract related matters, and internal and external communications related to same.
- Supervision of Paralegal, including but not limited to training, coaching, goal setting, oversight of various projects and day-to-day workloads, to maximize the efficiency of the work group and drive results.
- Discussions with Performance Management and other departments on specific BDA renewals, transfers, performance improvement plans, terminations, non-renewals, amendments, payment changes and other matters.
- Miscellaneous discussions with internal parties, BDAs, BDA candidates or internal or external parties relating to contract practices and processes, expansion opportunities, other consultations and Q&A.
- Legal research to ensure compliance of agreements and related actions and enforcement processes with local laws.
- Various other legal and administrative matters, consultations with internal and external parties on same.
The successful candidate will have:
- JD Required
- Admission to at least one state bar, admission to CT bar or as authorized house counsel (AHC)
- 5+ years of experience