Provides subject matter technical support and leadership for multi-site/phase due diligence, planning, concept development, restoration, alteration, extension, and implementation of creative, functional, and sustainable building designs. Be involved in projects out of our Boston downtown office and based on a hybrid work environment (part-time home/office) with our Transportation Facilities Team and other building practice areas and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Supervising Architect
for our Boston, MA
Work includes a variety of projects on transportation related facilities including Parking Garages, Rail Transit Stations, Airport Terminals and Facilities, Tunnels, Maintenance Facilities, Intermodal and Transit Oriented Mixed-used facilities. Responsibilities include:
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Developing and/or supervising the production of architectural designs and construction documents for traditional and alternate delivery projects.
- Researching and assessing building products, materials, methods and systems and using that knowledge to develop functional, innovative and elegant designs.
- Reviewing and verifying architectural designs and code/regulatory compliance.
- Leading and mentoring architectural staff.
- Conducting site and construction observations and inspections for information gathering purposes, preparing observation and inspection reports.
- Coordinating with various disciplines including structural, civil and MEP, landscape architecture and specifications.
- Serve as QA/QC reviewer.
- See projects through construction phase and provide construction support services.
- Assisting in development and implementation of resiliency, sustainability and LEED practice related to architectural designs.
- Participating in business development including developing graphics for proposals.
- The candidate should be an effective communicator, team player, and a self-motivated individual. This position is ideal for individuals who are seeking an opportunity for career development, creative challenges, and unlimited growth potential with one of the world's premier transportation firms. Applicants should present a portfolio of work examples that embody the nature of projects described above.
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture from a NAAB Accredited program
- Architectural registration preferred in one or more USA Jurisdictions
- Working knowledge of construction drawing standards, technical detailing, some transit architecture related experience
- Proficiency in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Detail oriented and highly organized self-starter, able to work in a team and multi-task
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Master of Architecture
- Capability in the use of architectural tools such as MicroStation, Adobe Creative Suite, Enscape, SketchUp, Rhino and / or 3D Studio MAX