11 - 15 years experience •
Position Purpose Schedule, coordinate, and supervise craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (electricians, boilermakers, carpenters, etc.) working in particular construction discipline (civil, structural, electrical). Proven track record of consistent job performance achieving profitability goals and owner satisfaction on major projects with Doster. Essential Functions and Responsibilities Construction Knowledge
• Experienced in construction of specific project type and can train staff on technical and construction methods/techniques.
• Effective at creative construction methods and techniques for the project.
• Actively mentors and trains project team in all construction issues. Quality
• Ensures any outstanding testing and inspection issues are resolved and complete. Safety
• Working knowledge of building life safety codes
. • Minimum of 30 hour OSHA.
• Review of safety data— review safety audits for items listed that have been corrected and collect weekly data needed for weekly score card and route to appropriate party. • Conducts safety stand downs as needed. • Works with Corporate Safety Director or project specific Safety Manager to develop site specific safety plan. • Leader of safety culture; ensures proper safety behavior and takes measures as needed for entire project. • Leads pre-project start-up meetings in which safety binder is reviewed with subcontractor; reviews all safety submittals to ensure completeness prior to beginning work. • Leads as required accident or incident investigation; leads meeting with subcontractor, reviews results of investigation, and creates a prevention path going forward to ensure there is not a repeat. Job Description Job Description – Senior Superintendent Page | 2
• Ensures, with the help of Corporate Safety Director or project specific Safety Manager, that project safety plan is established and monitored; able to correct measures if needed.
• Able to course correct safety plan with Corporate Safety Director or project specific Safety Manager if necessary.
• Ensures the basic safety requirements of the project are reviewed during subcontractor procurement process. Leadership & Organization
• Develops and mentors team members in their career development and progress; assists, provides, and promotes training and staff.
• Actively participates and helps recruit staff, especially superintendents or potential superintendents.
• Construction team leader— has superior leadership skills and s
ecures trust and confidence of team, Local and State inspectors, subcontractors, and clients.
• Recognizes the fit of the project in a bigger picture.
• Identifies field staff and defines roles and areas of responsibility.
• Ability to develop cohesive teams.
• Monitors all jobsite document controls including daily reports, QA/QC checklists, Punch lists, Schedule updates, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, timesheets, RFIs and field issues or changes, and any other site activity. Schedule Management • Leads development of the master schedule; works with the project owner, project management, and subcontractors as required.
• Develops draft schedules, logistics plans, and manpower charts during the pre-construction process.
• Ability to improve schedule if needed.
• Finds new ways to continuously improve means and methods to improve project schedules and delivery. Project Planning
• Ensures all permits are in place.
• Confirms temporary facilities project logistics plan is in place. Risk Management & Problem Solving
• Solid understanding of the “business equation” of the contractual deal and works with management to implement processes proactively to alleviate.
• Actively participates in the procurement or “buyout” process; reviews all purchase orders and subcontracts to ensure complete scope coverage prior to distribution; conducts interviews with project management prior to award; schedules manpower that assists management team and results in a collective better selection of subcontractors; has good insight and can ferret out potential issues during the buyout process. Job Description Job Description – Senior Superintendent Page | 3 Finance
• Identifies potential budget problems and works with team to develop contingency plans and other measures to control or successfully manage. Preconstruction/Estimating
• Able to assist team preparation of general conditions or staff costs and general requirements logistical costs (such as rental equipment, tools, hoisting, etc.). Sales/Client Development
• Develops superior presentation skills that lead to securing future work.
• Promotes the growth and development of client, subcontractor, and vendor relationships. Technology
• Explores new means and methods to improve quality and efficiency. Qualifications & Requirements Education / Certification Related education and/or experience; 1st Aid/CPR; OSHA 30 hour course completion card Recommended Work Experience 10 to 20 years Recommended Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office and scheduling software; Knowledge of industry trends and innovations; Highly skilled in communication, public relations, organization, teamwork, accuracy, attention to detail, time management, craft knowledge, interpretation of contract documents, management of others, layout, conflict resolution, and assistance of others. Physical Demands Prolonged standing, sitting, walking, climbing, balancing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching (with arms and hands), handling, talking, hearing, depth perception, lifting, strength, vision (close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus), and lifting/moving up to 100 pounds. Working Conditions Considerable local and non-local travel required; work with a group and/or team; Frequent conflict situations may be present; Work after normal business hours; Potential hazardous work; Possible erratic weather conditions. Performance Measurements
• Annual Performance Review
• Regular Project Updates Job Description Job Description – Senior Superintendent Page | 4
• Monthly Job Cost Reporting
• Internal and External Client/Customer Feedback
• Possible peer and/or 360 degree surveys