Job Responsibilities: With a partnering approach, Robins & Morton works on construction projects of all sizes, creating a collaborative and transparent environment with everyone involved. Our project teams work with a self-motivated spirit to ensure an exceptional partnering experience for our clients, trade partners and of course, our Robins & Morton team.
Robins & Morton is looking for a Senior Superintendent to lead, plan and coordinate R&M team members, trade partners and vendors. Through continuous improvement, collaboration and empowerment of those he/she leads, the Senior Superintendent ensures that our work is completed on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the owner.
If you're motivated to lead large-scale projects through trusting relationships, servant-minded leadership and a positive attitude, we're interested in you!
We are looking for a high-energy candidate with 10+ years of related construction experience and/or training, having autonomously managed 2+ significant successful projects as superintendent. A degree in Building Science, Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred, but can be substituted with experience. Specifically, having healthcare construction experience is preferred. The ideal candidate exhibits drive and self-motivation to provide senior level guidance, facilitating the level of quality service Robins & Morton is dedicated to providing its clients.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY: (Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.)
- Provide judgement to achieve all profit, time, quality and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Manage multiple job projects within a client campus or region (as applicable).
- Develop sales and business opportunities.
- Manage job activities in accordance with policies and procedures and priorities within contract.
- Establish profit/time objectives for Operations Manager review/approval.
- Plan and set up an efficient jobsite layout.
- Plan and establish the flow of work activities.
- Coordinate all field activities.
- Direct development of an overall project schedule.
- Arrange for and schedule inspections by government officials and consultants.
- Maintain a clean, orderly jobsite, utilizing 5s.
- Review and evaluate all trade partners and vendor purchase orders prepared by Project Manager.
- Enforce the Robins & Morton Drug, Alcohol and Harassment Policies.
- Prequalify, hire and lead all field labor.
- Maintain daily logs to document all jobsite activities and events.
- Positions managed by this role are: Superintendents, Field Superintendents, MEP Coordinators, Assistant Superintendents, Project Engineers, Field Engineers, Safety Engineers, Foremen, Field Assistants, Field Office Assistants, Project Secretaries, Jobsite Secretaries, and all craft persons. This position may also manage the following positions depending on the project: Asst. Project Manager, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager.
- Lead team in accordance with policies & procedures & any applicable state/federal laws.
- Interview, hire, & train team; plan, assign & direct work; & address complaints & resolve issues.
- Coordinating with entire project team, plan, organize, control, integrate, & complete assigned project.
- Maintain client and designer relationships.
- Maintain a working relationship with project trade partners.
- Implement and lead interim scheduling meetings for continuous improvement.
- Maintain quality of work to meet or exceed plans and specifications.
- Review cost reports and projections and take action to effectively manage job costs.
- Lead the activities of the team.
- Lead all R&M jobsite field management to meet project expectations.
- Lead all field operations of trade partners to effectively complete tasks.
- Educate team members on and ensure jobsite safety, meeting or exceeding OSHA regulations and R&M Safety Program.
- Implement and maintain all quality control programs and life safety checkout procedures.
Job Qualifications: WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM: (Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.)
- Ability to read, analyze & interpret contract documents, safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports & correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before clients, trade partners &/or employees.
- Ability to calculate figures & amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, & volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra & geometry.
- Use of basic reasoning and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction.
- Ability to interpret variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
- OSHA 30 Hour preferred. If not current, to receive within the first year of employment and keep current.
- Ability to frequently to stand; walk; use hands to handle/feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands & arms, and to occasionally climb or balance & stoop or kneel.
- Ability to regularly work in outside weather conditions, to frequently work near moving mechanical parts, to occasionally work in high, precarious places & occasionally exposed to wet/humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- Other Job Information: (if applicable) This position is an Exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay.
- This position is assigned to jobsite locations; travel/relocation is required.
- This position is part of the Operations Department
- This position reports direct to Project MIC or Operations Manager of that assigned project. This may change project to project, but will be addressed at the beginning of each project.
WHY ROBINS & MORTON:
- Ranked 3rd among top general contractors by Modern Healthcare 2018
- Associated Builders and Contractors 2018 National Excellence in Construction Eagle Award winner
- Ranked 79th by Engineering News-Record 2018 publication of top 400 contractors
- Awarded 2017 Project of the Year in Sychro Software's Annual Digital Construction Awards
- 100+ various learning & development courses offered yearly at 15+ different locations
- Time off when you need it
- Employee events & outings
- Community involvement
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental, life insurance, telemedicine
- Excellent 401K & Profit Sharing Program (8.36% Base Salary deposited in eligible employee accounts for 2018)
- Employee Assistance Program