STV has an immediate need for a Senior Superintendent with Aviation sector experience in Los Angeles, CA.
- Maintain safety standards – monitor safety planning, execution and documentation on assigned project.
- Manage project planning – develop and execute the pre-job plan. Determine the construction techniques to be used to construct the project.
- Develop and maintain the Site Utilization Plan.
- Manage the preparation of the CPM baseline, monthly CPM schedule updates and narratives, and CPM fragments with changes and delays.
- Manage and develop field engineers and assistant superintendents. Orient new personnel to the company and project.
- Review equipment requirements with the project manager.
- Review monthly sub pay apps to ensure progress in line with actual work installed.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and vendors. Conduct Weekly Subcontractor Coordination Meetings with all onsite or soon to be onsite subcontractor supervision.
- Expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis. Identify and resolve construction problems as they develop. Keep the project on schedule.
- Maintain accurate time-keeping and cost records.
- Plan, staff and manage self-performance activities.
- Review weekly labor reports and monthly total job cost reports carefully to determine areas needing special attention, and initiate changes and procedures to bring costs back into budget.
- Manage the Quality Control Program.
- Comply with all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, sos, weekly unit reports, weekly updates to the “two week look-aheads” and monthly updates to the constructionschedule.
- Maintain a clean and orderly jobsite.
- Mitigate all potential subcontractor change orders and back-charges that may affect project profitability and document them to the extent required.
- Close out the project in compliance with the contract documents.
- Strives to satisfy the customer, subcontractor, vendor and company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- BA or BS in Construction or related degreepreferred but not required.
- Ten (10) or more years of superintendent experience.
- Recent and relevant Aviation Construction experience is preferred.
- Experience in scheduling, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of construction.