Ulteig is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Substation Engineer to work 100% remote from Kansas City, CO. The Senior Engineer acts as a technical leader and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures on substation design projects. Plans, schedules, conducts and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
What You'll Do
Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for utility substations, relay automation equipment and drawings associated. Performs calculations using engineering formulas and skills. Provides technical guidance to other engineers.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required. ABET accredited program or equivalent required
- PE License required
- 8-10+ years of engineering experience
- Proficient with substation protection and control design and industry standards
- Capable of reviewing and producing design drawings, including one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel elevations
- Ability to perform AC & DC substation studies
- Capable of substation SCADA, communications, and network engineering a plus
- Knowledge of substation electrical physical (apparatus) equipment a plus
- Experience with commissioning and/or field engineering time a plus
- Knowledge of basic relay settings a plus
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) a plus.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the US