- Provide mentoring, guidance, and expertise to department staff.
- Monitor performance goals and objectives for the department and staff.
- Works with the Program Managers and Principal Investigators to identify, solicit and evaluate Subs that meet proposed requirements, including technical expertise and small business subcontracting requirements.
- Prepare and negotiate NDAs, CRADAs and teaming agreements as required.
- Prepare analysis documentation required for agreements.
- Advises Program Managers, Principal Investigators and researchers regarding information required to complete agreements, understanding contract types, terms and conditions, drafting Statements of Work (SOWs), source selection and other necessary information in order to perform the function.
- Drafts and issues RFPs and RFQs to obtain competition to ensure that Federal requirements, prime contract provisions, Uniform Guidance and Code of Federal Regulations and HJF’s best interests are met.
- Reviews, edits and/or assist in developing statement of work to ensure required services are obtained at minimal risk to HJF and Government.
- Perform price/cost analysis and file justification and documentation in accordance with policies and procedures and federal regulations.
- Drafts and negotiates Agreements and modifications of all types and classifications in compliance with FARs and DFARs, OMB Uniform Guidance and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and HJF policies and procedures.
- Maintains organized, well-documented and CPSR, and Single Audit compliant files.
- Obtains or provides certifications, clearances, approvals, and documentation required for all Agreements modifications.
- Monitors performance, including progress, financials, and deliverables.
- Reviews, approves and processes invoices for payment ensuring costs are allocable, allowable, and reasonable and in accordance with terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Resolves outstanding contractual issues and obtains required releases in order to perform close-out on a timely basis.
- Develops and enters information in Government databases for requiredreports.
- Conduct negotiations of major Acquisitions on terms favorable considering quality, delivery and price.
- Receive and evaluate proposals, quotations, and bids for major acquisitions.
- Maintain a constant interface with vendors to ensure the timely delivery in compliance with requirements.
- Keep abreast of current market changes, regarding price fluctuations, strategic planning and economic plans.
- Evaluate and conduct vendor surveys of available sources of materials and services.
- May provide guidance and leadership for junior staff members
- Completes other projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experienced procurement/subcontracts/subawards professional with good communication and organizational skills. Knowledge of the competitive procurement process for equipment and services in support of US Government grants, assistance agreements and contracts. Applicant must be proficient at negotiating prices, terms and conditions and achieving cost savings for a variety of products, services and maintenance agreements. Senior level knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), FAR, and DFAR, working knowledge of Single Audit and CPSR and requirements for file compliance in a federal procurement environment. Candidate must have a working knowledge of the subcontracts life cycle from inception through close-out. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, to meet deadlines, and to interact well with team members and customers.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. Master’s degree desirable.
Minimum Experience:8-10 years direct subcontract administration experience.