$100K — $150K *
The Senior Structuring Manager will be responsible for managing the department efforts of commercial energy contract structuring and supporting the origination efforts for the organization. Individual is expected to work across all departments within the organization as needed, and to be highly motivated, capable, and willing, to support the organization in providing value to the shareholder, the financial stakeholders and to our customers across a wide spectrum of assigned US markets.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
• Managing the structuring, and negotiating of complex sales transactions, long term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with utilities and C/I customers as well as insurance products.
• Support the optimization of relationships with procurement, trading and origination desks at utilities, municipalities, cooperatives, C&I off-takers, and marketers.
• Streamline deal structures to support the project financing arrangements and incorporate
lessons learned from previous deals/operating projects.
• RFP & Proposal Development support - support RFP opportunities and support the origination of bilateral PPA targets outside formal RFP processes. Maintain, analyze and report on revenue model assumptions and results during the non-binding offer phase and through contract execution.
• Participate in and support local and global corporate initiatives
• Compare contract provisions to company preferences / requirements, outline structure of offers and define the terms for all off-take agreements for new renewable resources (i.e. Power Purchase Agreements)
• Review and understand the economic variables that go into revenue modeling, review and analyze reports of all model inputs and the offer pricing for all off-take agreements for new renewable resources (i.e. Power Purchase Agreements).
• Analyze the impact contractual terms during the negotiation of long term renewable energy contracts and long term renewable energy certificates/credits, (i.e. Power Purchase Agreements).
• To support any global and local intracompany departments with defining any commercial contract requirements, modeling efforts and any other related off-take agreement analysis (i.e. Power Purchase Agreements).
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
• 5-8+ years of experience in roles that provide exposure to long term contractual arrangements for renewable energy
• Expert skills with MS excel and highly skilled with other MS office products
• Some knowledge of energy markets, customers and segments in North America
• Understanding of and/or ability to address concepts including: basis risk, energy markets, hedging, losses, and congestion across markets
• Experience with excel and financial modeling for renewable energy projects
Experience with powerpurchase agreement contract negotiation and management
Valid through: 7/8/2020