Senior Structural Project Engineer - Telecom/Towers
8 - 10 years experience • Real Estate
Experienced structural engineer capable of independent research and analysis, technical oversight of work products by other engineers, and project management.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform detailed structural analysis of original, modified, and proposed telecommunication towers; monopole, guyed and lattice-self support structures.
- Review work of Associate, Design, and Project Engineers in the production of reports and supporting calculations for review and approval.
- Review, sign, and seal structural analysis reports and AutoCAD drawings for tower and foundation reinforcement/modifications designs.
- Assist in, or lead the development of, Crown Castle policies, procedures, standards, and Code related activity.
- Develop analysis tools and training presentations, and conduct training sessions as needed.
- Respond to consultation work order requests through the Engineering Services (ESP) program.
- Lead and manage moderate to complex projects.
- Represent Engineering as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in cross-functional projects.
- Perform modification design reviews for cost savings as part of the High Dollar Modifications (H$M) Program.
- Participate and provide engineering support on Incident Calls as needed.
- Participate in establishing Crown best practices as it relates to structural design calculations and methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in structures, or equivalent degree
- Professional licensure (PE) or Canadian equivalent (P.Eng) required
- Eight (8) years’ experience (or five (5) years along with a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering) in performing structure analysis/design on a variety of communication towers strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of codes and standards related to telecom structures
- Demonstrated proficiency with structural and foundation analysis tools (e.g. tnxTower, Lpile, etc.)
- Good written and oral communication skills essential
- Team leadership experience is a plus
- Experience in tower and foundation design
- Experience using tnxTower software
- Experience using MS Excel and other general purpose software for engineering calculations
- Experience using AutoCAD drafting/modeling software
- Experience leading moderate to complex projects
- Understanding of spatial relationships to resolve potential interference issues
- Understanding of structural load paths
- Knowledge of bolted and welded connection design
- Knowledge of tower hardware and components
- Experience or knowledge of steel shop fabrication processes and/or knowledge of fabrication shop tools and capabilities
- Experience or knowledge in tower/reinforcement erection and/or knowledge of tower construction equipment and practices
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience in customer relations and communications