The passion, creativity and determination of our talented staff make McLaren Engineering Group one of the top engineering firms in the country. We offer our employees a creative work environment with a dynamic culture and competitive benefits. Our collaborative, innovative atmosphere brings numerous opportunities for professional growth.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Structural Engineer / Project Manager to be based out of our New York, NY office location.
The Structures Division is a highly collaborative team that strives to innovate to meet our clients’ goals most effectively. We work on a wide range of projects types, including but not limited to: residential concrete high rise buildings; retail/commercial structural steel buildings; specialty structures; construction engineering; waterfront structures and parking garages; entertainment venues, casinos and theater spaces; technical peer reviews; structural renovations; custom glass and metal panel facades; feasibility studies; and forensic analysis and litigation support. We expose all of our engineers to as many different technical areas as possible and allow them to experience the full breadth of the design process, continuing into the construction phase to allow them to maximize their potential as engineers and their growth prospects within the firm.
Typical duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing structural analysis of various building elements and systems comprised of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, wood, aluminum, and glass for both gravity and lateral loading conditions.
- Serve as the engineer in responsible charge for assigned projects.
- Coordinating the structural design with architectural and MEP trades.
- Lead the organization and preparation of structural plans and specifications for construction documents.
- Lead staff engineers in the design process from schematic design through the completion of construction.
- Perform QA/QC reviews of project work performed by staff engineers, including but not limited to: drawings, specifications, investigations, and technical reports.
- Pursuit of professional development and marketing efforts through attendance of outside technical seminars and networking events.
- Help foster new client contacts and business opportunities and maintain existing client relationships.
- Assist in the technical and professional development of junior and staff engineers through formal and informal training efforts and mentorship.
- 7-10 years of experience in structural design and detailing of high rise, low rise, commercial, residential, institutional, governmental and healthcare facilities.
- Experience in leading the preparation of construction document plan drawings, plans, schedules, details and specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit preferred.
- Professional Engineering registration (PE License) required.
- Knowledge of IBC and State Building Codes required.
- Strong Project Management skills are required. Must be able to manage a variety of project types and sizes, serve as the client point of communication and direct the design team.
- Ability to develop key client relationships.
- Demonstrated Excel and Structural Analysis software (RAM Structural System, RISA 3D, SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE) skills.
- Ability to multi task and work well in a team focused environment
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
- Professional approach and demeanor.