$80K — $150K *
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International has more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction administration and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings – architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management – to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics – “success” to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients’ expectations to “Make a Difference.” This position offers the opportunity to live and work in the great weather, mountains, and outdoor playground of Utah, and be an integral part of the Salt Lake City Michael Baker A/E team. Our team has been and is currently designing a wide array of interesting projects, including new F-35 Hangars, pilot training facilities, State Library rehabilitation, petrol-chemical facilities, and new hotels. Our multi-discipline team works together to deliver the complete package of Architecture, Civil, Structures, Mechanical, and Electrical/Communications. Our team is also executing these projects using cloud hosted B.I.M. techniques, the most innovative design and construction delivery method in use today. This process encourages collaboration within the design team and with the builder (contractor).
Michael Baker International seeks a Senior Structural Engineer for our Denver, CO office, reporting to the Midvale, UT group. This individual will be responsible to provide building structural engineering expertise and to take a lead engineering role in the structural technical team. In this role, the successful candidate will coach and mentor less experienced structural engineers, provide project leadership on complex projects, provide quality control reviews, and be prepared to provide designer of record responsibilities for work performed by others.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
· 10-15 years of experience in the structural design of vertical construction projects in commercial, institutional, K-12/Higher Educational facilities, and/or Federal Government facilities
· Licensed Professional Engineer
· Familiarity with Department of Defense, government, client, and industry local codes, regulations, and standards governing design and construction projects
· Previous experience with Federal Department of Defense is a plus
· Detailed knowledge of Unified Facilities Criteria related to DoD Minimum Antiterrorism for Buildings and Design of Buildings for Progressive Collapse is preferred
· Previous experience with design-build projects is preferred
· Prior exposure to blast mitigation of existing buildings is a plus
· Must be computer literate in engineering analysis and design software including STAAD Pro, ETABS, Enercalc, RAM, MS Office, etc.; working knowledge of AutoDesk Revit software is preferred
· Possess the ability to work collaboratively with other interfacing multi-disciplinary team members (i.e. managers, electrical and mechanical engineers, and architects)
· Demonstrated administrative, organizational and staff management skills; previous experience managing employees is a plus
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Available for periodic travel
Valid through: 4/26/2021