With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer - Hydropower to join the Water Power team in Seattle, WA, Amherst, NY, Salem, MA or Pittsburgh, PA. We are looking for a qualified engineer who enjoys working with people in a team environment, strive for excellence, and understand innovation.
This position offers opportunities to lead and be involved in various projects in North America and abroad, to provide client liaison, and to contribute to regional marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural engineering from an accredited University. Graduate degree would be advantageous.
- P.E. license is required, S.E. would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of US and Canadian codes and standards. Familiarity with FERC would be a plus.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in Structural Engineering. Candidates with a solid background in hydropower, dams and water resources is preferred.
- Use of commercially available programs for structural and finite element analysis. Specifically, proficiency in ANSYS and/or similar programs that can be used for advanced analysis such as dynamic response spectrum or seismic time history analysis, is a plus.
- Design/analysis of concrete dams and other hydraulic structures including detailed assessment of seismic and flood loading.
- Dam safety reviews and assessment of compliance with typical practice and regulatory requirements.
- Structural design of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
- Field experience related to hydraulic structure construction, inspection, or related instrumentation.
- Proficiency in computer usage and skilled in use of spreadsheets, databases, etc., with fundamental knowledge/training in finite element analysis.
- Ability to supervise and coach other engineering and support staff, including mentoring of junior engineers, and provision of quality assurance review or input where required.
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams as individual or discipline lead.
- Ability to manage small projects by providing oversight on scope, cost and schedule, and related reporting internally and to client.
- Ability to take ownership of resolving key design issues and finalizing technical deliverables.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Requisition ID: 16908