Senior Structural Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
Will perform assigned structural engineering senior professional duties as a employee onsite. Responsible for providing structural engineeringsupport in the planning, designing, and modification, of existing facilities/buildings.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Performs structural analyses utilizing loads produced.
- Analyzes using sound engineering principles and computerized analytical tools to identify and ensure structural integrity of building structures.
- Prepares documentation/studies, report of analysis, structural assessments and margins of safety.
- Provides structural engineering designs to include layout, detail, assembly and installation drawings as appropriate for components and/or subcomponents of building facilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Architectural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license/certification preferred
- Ten (10) years of structural engineeringexperienceworking with facilities and infrastructures.
- Experienceworking with structural and civil engineering theory, practices and procedures
- Experienceworking with applicable design standards and procedures (e.g.; AISC/ACI, D1.1, structural design procedures)
- Experienceworking with structure related design for building modifications.
- Experienceworking with machining operations, joint design, ply stacking sequencing, corrosion/galvanic compatibility and basic composite manufacturing processes
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain requiredSecurity Clearance badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Will insure quality and completeness of work in a safe and timely manner as well as insuring areas worked are clean, neat and ready for Customers’ needs when complete.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Skills using RISA-3D, ENERCALC, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and MathCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook for all office communications.
- Organization and time management skills to maintain project deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members, vendors and contractors
- Communication skills to interact with internal and external personnel and to avoid delays in reaching a technical solution.
Ability to work in a dynamic multi-tasking, fast paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Structural Engineeringexperience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?
- Are you in Houston, TX?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Texas?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?