Senior Structural Engineer
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Able to manage projects in the field or office and a desire to excel at identifying problems and solutions in a light or heavy industrial environment.
- Experiencewith creating and editing structural and civil drawings. Able to read architectural, piping and equipment drawings.
- Skilled at data collection, analysis and optimizing structures to improve overall performance.
- The ability to lead capital project teams in ensuring that all project success criteria are met.
- Engineering/constructioncontractor interface experience.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Revit modeling programs.
- Familiarity with capital project feasibility studies, budgetary estimates and alternatives analysis.
- Able to provide engineering oversight from concept to completion.
- Able to manage scheduling, invoicing, cost control and closeout of projects.
- Maintaining continuing education, advancing, and evaluating new civil and structural technologies.
- Able to reduce complex problems to simple set of solutions.
- Able to communicate technical and business information effectively.
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, for both construction and managerial decision-making.
- Coach, develop, and mentor direct reports of all experience levels.
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineeringwith a minimum of 5years experience.
- Masters or EIT desired. (PE preferred)
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Revit and RISA 3D modeling desired.
- Physical ability to climb stairs, ladders and navigate equipment platforms.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Segars Engineering offers competitive benefits, including project manager?s commission and sales commissions for all employees. We strive to compensate all employees in the top 25th percentile for their particular discipline or area of expertise. We offer IRA contributions, health insurance benefits and bonus compensation, life insurance plan and reimbursement for gym membership.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2years
- Structural Engineering: 5years