Senior Structural Engineer - Bridges
Job ID 32687
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination – our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for a wide array of roadway, bridge, transit, and airport projects throughout New England. We are a trusted partner of state agencies and municipalities in helping advance projects from feasibility and concept development through design and construction. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s New England Transportation group has an immediate need for a talented, team focused Senior Structural Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in bridge engineering and design. The position is flexible in location between our South Burlington, VT, Scarborough, ME, and Bedford, NH office.
This position is for an individual with 10+ years design experience looking to challenge themselves on a professional level on a variety of transportation projects. You will have the opportunity to learn, work on exciting and multi-faceted projects, and grow your career. We are looking for Structural Engineers who excel in working in a team environment and have a passion for the work that they do.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of transportation professionals and contribute to the design component of roadway and bridge projects throughout New England. You will:
- The majority of work will include bridge projects for departments of transportation and municipalities in New England.
- Key duties include preparation of plans, specifications, design calculations, load ratings and cost estimates for DOT and Municipal clients.
- Tasks would include but not be limited to performing bridge analysis, design and geometry calculations, developing drawings, and performing condition inspections and reports.
- Position also entails preparing engineering reports and technical studies, and assisting on other projects, as needed, including construction phase services support and field work.
- Guide and mentor junior staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of bridge engineering and design experience
- In anticipation of regional work, experience with MassDOT a plus
- Prior consulting experience and established client and agency contacts are desirable
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills
- Registered PE
- Bridge inspection and load rating experience preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Work samples may be requested to follow