Sargent & Lundy is a worldwide leader in professional services for the electric power industry. Our distinctive capabilities provide domestic and international clients with a reliable source of comprehensive expertise. Sargent & Lundy offers challenge, flexibility, competitive salaries and benefits.
- Challenging assignments that include the design of structural supports and foundations, and investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of structural design issues.
- Generate structural design schematics.
- Act as the structural design team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of an integrated structural design model.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other designers and project team members to ensure a complete and timely design.
- Independently plan and execute structural design deliverables.
- There may be the opportunity to conduct field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate's Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 1 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Ten or more years of detailed design experience in the development of structural steel design and reinforced concrete design drawings.
- Experience in the review of structural layout drawings involving steel frames, connections, concrete members, equipment and piping supports, foundations, and rebar detailing.
- Ability to interface with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the power plant design process.
- Capable of being badged for unescorted access to a nuclear station.
Valued but not required experience:
- Power industry experiencepreferred.