Cobham Mission Equipment in Davenport, Iowa is seeking a Senior Aerospace Structures Design Engineer to work with teams of Designers and Structures Analysts on new product development and current product support across multiple product lines.
- Conceptualize, design, qualify, and document aircraft structural components and systems.
- Work with Designers and Structural Analysis Engineers to optimize designs.
- Oversee and approve work by in-house and contract Designers and Design Engineers.
- Interface with internal and external customers to present design development outputs.
- Interface with procurement and manufacturing to facilitate transition from design to production.
- Review customer system structural requirements and lead decomposition to lower level requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 5+ years of experience in structures design.
- Design experience or familiarity with Catia V5.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily activities to meet multiple program and department objectives.
- Ability to present complex results and material to a variety of persons including engineering, management, and customers.
- Have an understanding of materials (Aluminum, Steel, Plastics, etc), treatment methods, surface coatings and tempering.
- Have an understanding of metal forming, machining, joining and related manufacturing processes.
- Have the ability to travel domestically and internationally in support of design review and qualification activities.
- Have the ability to lift and convey 20 pounds of weighted
- Master’s Degree in related Engineering Discipline.
- Aerospace structures design experience.
- Design experience or familiarity with CREO (Pro/E).
- Very good written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and understand technical requirements and reports.
- High level of interpersonal skills to constructively work through design concepts with technical and non-technical team mates
- Leadership & team management skills, ability to motivate & develop.