CENTRUS (WSP/HOK) is currently seeking an Structural Construction Contract Administrator to join our CENTRUS Site Service team, located at 150 Slater St, Ottawa, Ontario. Reporting to the Site Service Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the Construction Contract Administration related to the Center Block Rehabilitation Project. This position will work together with clients and contractors on constructability reviews, quality assurance and resolving construction issues. This is an exciting opportunity with career growth potential targeted towards developing the skills necessary for a management/leadership role in the CENTRUS (WSP/HOK) Building Division.
- Ensure continuous flow of accurate and fully coordinated information between the CENTRUS Design and Construction Management Team,
- Oversee and manage the structural constructioncontract administration process on multiple projects,
- Maintain regular communication with managers and liaise with project stakeholders (building owners, contractors, architects, engineers and management) on an ongoing basis regarding project status, site issues, project quality and resolve issues as required.
- Identify potential risks to Project Manager and develop appropriate solutions,
- Perform siteinspections toManage track and prepare Site Instructions and provide responses to Contractor’s RFI’s and clarification requests,
- Review project progress,
- Ensure contractors follow contract document requirements and quality assurance process,
- Identify system deficiencies and provide appropriate resolutions,
- Assist in Scope of Work reviews of CM tender packages to ensure compliance with issued tender package,
- Assist in cost review of Expenditure Authorization with CM for Site Instruction with costs;
- Assist in the review of monthly payment recommendations with CM based on progress reports,
- Preparation and coordination of Occupancy Letters;
- Complete tasks ensuring compliance with CENTRUS (WSP/HOK) safety policies / procedures and legislative requirements,
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma
- Registered Professional Engineer with the PEO or Certified Engineering Technologist/Certified Technician with the OACETT.
- 10+ years in Site Service Construction Contract Administration on projects with a construction value greater than $ 100 million,
- Strong understanding of the National Building Code of Canada, the Ontario Building Code, and with all applicable codes and standards.
- Experience in project planning, risk, cost, and schedule management and constructability reviews of contract documents and specifications
- Heritage building renovationexperience will be considered an asset
- Effectively communicate project issues to project managers and team members in a timely and clear fashion,
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to earn customer trust, build creditability while ensuring strong performance of subcontractors and others involved in the fulfillment of a project,
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct oversight
- Experience using Word, Excel, BLUEBEAM (PDF) markup and Windows applications,
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, French would be an asset;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).