At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Sr. structural Technologist will work with design engineers, project engineers and other CADD staff in the preparation of preliminary concept design to development of detailed design drawings, specification and contract documents. He/she shall be able to perform non-routine and complex drafting assignments requiring application of standardized drawing techniques. Works independently with occasional advice from supervisor and may direct efforts of less experienced CAD Technicians. Should have good, working skills in CAD operations. The successful candidate will work on aboveground and underground transit buildings and variety of other projects including, commercial, industrial, healthcare and municipal facilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Assist in planning structural system for variety of aboveground and underground structures.
• Develop and implement designs and drawings of structures from preliminary concepts and sketches.
• Prepare detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and ensure conformance to standard and specifications.
• Must be familiar and able to follow restricted CAD standards for variety of clients such as TTC and Metrolinx.
• Coordinate with other departments and disciplines including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and Civil to ensure that structural details and dimensions are properly addressed and referenced to other discipline’s drawings.
• Prepare cost and material estimates.
• Conduct structural inspections or technical investigations that provide data for engineering projects, prepare inspectionreports.
• Perform other technical functions in support of structural department
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.