- Plans and organizes structural analysis work at the program level to assure total compliance with structural integrity and stability requirements.
- Develops, integrates and documents complex or unique structural requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment.
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by defining requirements for development of analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance of the product.
- Works with customers and regulatory agencies to define certification processes that will ensure requirements are met.
- Develops test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Organizes test programs to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Guides emerging technologies to develop future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Reviews and approves certification results
- Works under consultative direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security clearance. (A U.S. Security clearance that has been active in the 24 months is considered active.)
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experienced in structural mechanics, structural dynamics, vibration, and / or acoustics.
- Experience with PATRAN, and NASTRAN.
- Experience with finite element modeling and analysis.
- Experience with dynamics testing and analysis such as modal, vibration, acoustics, or shock.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with software tools such as Matlab, Creo View, Creo Simulate and VA-One.
- Experience with software tools such as Python, Perl, Fortran and DMAP.
- Experience working with cross-functional engineering groups.
- Experience with providing project management, project leadership and interface with program, site and executive leadership.
Job ID 1800089591