The ideal candidate for this role is a team player who thrives in environments where we need to rally a number of high performing individuals around common goals and customer focused outcomes.
You are curious with a desire to understand TELUS’ diverse set of initiatives and priorities, going beyond the questions that may be routine, and seeking to apply analytical thinking to understand how capital investments fit within the bigger strategic picture.
You have strong communication skills. You will provide guidance to a broad group of cross-functional stakeholders, propagate best practices for business casing and executive presentations, and translate complex processes into reusable frameworks.
You have strong business acumen. You are able to analyze business cases, understand the business implications of decisions, and provide guidance to stakeholders. In return, you’ll see how the leadership at TELUS makes decisions on our strategic
priorities and you in turn, will be part of all the amazing experiences we will create, for both our customers and our frontlines.
- Collaborate across business units to manage investment plans and performance to ensure our capital spend is in line with strategic priorities and yields maximum benefits
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing world class processes, tools and systems supporting capital and ROI management
- Collaborate with business unit executive primes to optimize their capital budgets, drive improvements to capital management, track program progress, and review investment benefits against KPIs
- Drive improvement in return on investment by establishing models and processes to support prioritisation and investment decisions
- Lead the measurement and reporting of program performance in support of capital allocation decisions
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and prepare executive level reporting across the Consumer Capital Management to deliver updates to the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Enthusiastic individual with a university degree and 5-10 years of experience in a large multi-business unit organization
- Track record of building and developing cross-functional relationships
- Team player with a collaborative mindset and are able to present complex information in an easily understood manner, tailoring the communication to diverse audiences to facilitate understanding
- A background and comfort with being an accomplished storyteller and someone who absolutely loves building presentations that have clean and sleek design while enabling the right discussion
- Self-motivated having high standards of performance with the ability to deal with complex concepts and ambiguity
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen to assess benefits, costs, and risks
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple deliverables to oversee the portfolio in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Graduate degree such as a MBA or CPA
- Telecommunications or systems development industry experience