Strategy & Innovation Consultant Senior
Remote Within OR, WA, UT or ID
Primary Job Purpose
The Strategy and Innovation Consultants will be an integral part of a high-impact, Corporate Strategy and Innovation team that will lead strategy development, planning, innovation efforts to advance Cambia’s Cause. This group will lead project teams to support strategic analysis and strategy formulation and development on behalf of both the enterprise and individual business units and functional groups.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Conduct secondary research on a range of key topics and issues and distill relevant findings for projects.
- Partner with teams across the organization to complete data analysis, identify key insights.
- Generate hypotheses on key strategic issues and partner in creating work plans to evaluate.
- Execute analytics frameworks that could forecast market sizes, financial projections, ROIs, and/or other quantitative market trends that are relevant for projects.
- Track key market trends, highlighting implications for organization and line of business.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with leaders across the enterprise to support strategy efforts.
- Partner with teams across the organization to complete data analyses to generate business insights and trends impacting Cambia. This may be related to preparing market overviews, benchmarking competitors, assessing industry developments, evaluating potential new business cases within the company, and exploring partnerships / acquisition targets.
- Support the overall corporate strategy and innovation planning with focus on long term growth for the enterprise.
- Partner in annual planning activities, including translation of organizational goals and objectives into initiatives, timelines, and plans.
- Develop and communicate key messages and conclusions to project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Support solution design and implementation of recommendations to ensure initiatives can deliver on the expected outcomes.
- Proactively address operational issues and collaborate with team members to solve problems quickly and thoughtfully.
Additional General Functions and Outcomes for Consultant
- Work independently to complete complex analysis and partner with other teams and structure analysis to complete.
- Lead internal engagement
- Play key role in strategy workshops with subject matter experts, with a change management focus, to rapidly develop recommendations to present to leaders.
- Present key work products to senior leadership with limited guidance
- Produce near-complete executive-level deliverables with some guidance provided
- Supports several projects at a time
Additional General Functions and Outcomes for Sr Consultant
- Ability to scope and manage other teams completing analysis and research to support strategy work
- Identify needed projects, scope project plans and manage work end-to-end with other teams across organization with limited guidance
- Regularly present insights and recommendations to senior leaders; can lead strategy workshops with limited guidance
- Structure and product executive-level deliverables
- Manages several projects at a time, effectively communication priorities and timing to stakeholders
Additional General Functions and Outcomes for Lead Consultant
- Structures deliverables needed, can effectively delegate/coach team members/business partners to complete, can complete deliverables independently
- Independently design and facilitate strategy workshops
- Structure project deliverables and effectively coach / delegate other team members to complete deliverables
- Manages multiple complex projects at a time
Previous experience in business strategy development through management consulting, investment banking, or an in-house strategy team.
- Well-established strategy toolkit (research, quantitative analysis, qualitative synthesis, written/oral communication).
- Comfort and facility with both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Executive-level presence and communication style, including content development and presentations.
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with all levels in the organization, particularly senior level leadership.
- Familiarity with healthcare industry trends and payor strategies highly desired
Additional Minimum Requirements for Consultant
- Experience in business strategy development, translation to execution plans, and impact assessment.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to independently manage a project workstream, structure and complete complex analysis, partner with other teams to complete deliverables, and make the case for specific recommendations.
Additional Minimum Requirements for level Sr. Consultant
- Advanced experience in business strategy development, translation to execution plans, and impact assessment.
- Ability to develop project scope and plan to meet sponsor needs, manage multiple workstreams, and complete advanced qualitative and quantitative analysis for complex projects.
- Manage and coach team members in completing research and analysis to deliver strong recommendations and quality deliverables.
- Effective skills in managing executive sponsor engagement, facilitating working sessions and decision meetings, and developing C-suite materials.
Additional Minimum Requirements for level Lead Consultant
- Prior experience leading a portfolio of complex strategy engagements and balancing multiple projects.
- Served as thought partner to senior executives, advising them on business and organization performance.
- Experience developing talent in terms of strategic thinking, structuring analysis, and effective communications.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
Strategy & Innovation Associate Consultant would have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics or related field. 23 years experience in management consulting or healthcare strategy at the analyst level.
Strategy & Innovation Consultant would have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics or related field. Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in business strategy development, management consulting, healthcare strategy, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Similar to senior associate and workstream leader in consulting firms.
Strategy & Innovation Consultant Senior would have a Master’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience in Business, Economics, Healthcare, or related field. Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in business strategy development, management consulting, healthcare strategy, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Similar to experienced engagement manager or case team leader in consulting firms.
Lead Strategy & Innovation Consultant would have a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Economics, Healthcare, or related field. Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in business strategy development, management consulting, healthcare strategy, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Similar to principal in consulting firms.
- Work primarily performed in a flexible combination of home and office locations.
- Travel may be required within Cambia’s four-state footprint (OR, WA, ID, UT) and potentially beyond for conferences or other events.
- May be required to work outside of normal hours.
The current full salary range for a Strategy and Innovation Consultant Sr is $110,500.00 - $180,500.00, the bonus target for this position is 15%. The current full salary range for a Lead Strategy and Innovation Consultant is $134,000 - $218,500, the bonus target for this position is 20%.
Base pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we periodically update to stay current. Some highlights:
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account ($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on hire date)
- paid time off varying by role and tenure in addition to 10 company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a potential discretionary contribution based on company performance (no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of employment if within first 12 months following birth or adoption)
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various well-being activities. for a complete list see our
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email Information about how Cambia Health Solutions collects, uses, and discloses information is available in As a health care company, we are committed to the health of our communities and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please review the policy