A senior member of the Strategy & Planning team; the primary function of the Senior Strategist is to leverage industry and customer insights, strategic frameworks, and digital tactics for the purpose of developing actionable digital channel strategies that align with and help accomplish client goals. The Senior Strategist will be familiar in all verticals of the digital industry that Mirum operates in. They will inform the company of opportunity, vision, framework and solution for digital occupancy. The Senior Strategist has the ability to organize, make sense of, and communicate all moving pieces in the digital puzzle.
The Senior Strategist is responsible for collaborating with team members and C-level client stakeholders to craft the strategic approaches and engagements that may include, research, insights, timelines, organizational structure, optimization, roadmap development, digital forecasts, content strategy, website re-platforms, etc. This position may serve on one or more accounts or brands. The Senior Strategist will work closely with members of the Client Services to help sell thru strategic visions and programs to clients; support development of strategic project briefs and ensure the formulation and execution of a digital strategy/solution that is relevant to the target group and has the desired persuasive impact.
Additionally, they will provide day-to-day program leadership and be accountable for achieving projects objectives according to scope, quality, timing and budget, while ensuring that final strategic vision is clearly communicated and agreed upon.
Equipped with strong interpersonal communication skills as a team player–the Senior Strategist aides in the coordination of the efforts of the Creative, Multimedia, Production, Analytics, Search and Technology teams to effectively deliver upon all contracted deliverables and client expectations.
- Build and manage strong working relationships with business decision makers at the client organization.
- Assert a leadership role in working with client partners, understanding their brand and business objectives, goals and challenges, identifying opportunities to drive customer activation and engagement and aid brand transformation.
- Collaborate with managing members of the strategy team and provide guidance and mentorship for junior strategy team members.
- Work with cross-functional internal teams in a leadership role to identify and develop solutions that meet client needs.
- Design and conduct secondary research including but not limited to: industry trends, audience needs & behavior, competitive assessments, website/content audits, and digital ecosystem assessments.
- Design and conduct primary research in the form of discussion guides and interviews, survey panels, screeners, and questionnaires, intercept surveys, and focus groups.
- Research, gather and evaluate qualitative, quantitative, and competitive data to identify and validate opportunities and deliver these insights in a compelling and digestible way.
- Provide strategic insight, written briefs, and recommendations for clients and internal teams–architecting cross channel solutions encompassing brand, social, content and marketing tactics.
- Support new business and revenue opportunities by working with Sales and Client Service teams by providing research and strategic insight in support of client pitches/RFP responses.
- Actively seek and share knowledge of the latest digital strategy, social, marketing, content, media trends/events, and technology integration platforms.
Project Focus Areas
The Senior Strategist may lead the following types of client engagements:
- Brand definition and communication/messaging strategies
- Digital assessments and roadmaps
- Marketing strategy
- Content strategy
- Platform/Re-platform strategy
Skill & Abilities Requirements
The Senior Strategist should have strong experience and familiarity with the following:
- Prior experience is required; (7+ years of internet, marketing, management, or consulting experience, at least 3-4 years focused exclusively on the digital space).
- Knowledge of the digital space: online advertising, online strategy, basic technology issues.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and applying secondary research.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative research data/results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills–augmented by strong presentation skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and capable of self-managing and multi tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly understand new technology concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PPT, and Keynote.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience within the automotive, travel and technology industries is a plus.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy, flexibility and a sense of humor in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Ability to build relationships, both with clients and internal team members.
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving abilities.
- A strong work ethic and career orientation; wants to learn, develop and attain new skill sets and improve.
- Values others and acts with integrity and respect.
- Ability to confront challenges or problems directly and honestly; must be able to handle difficult situations and conversations with grace.
- Ability to think and act appropriately “on their feet.”
- Has the ability to handle numerous assignments at once; is organized and thorough with professional follow through.
- Displays professional “polish”; executive presence and confidence.