Havas Formula New YorkJob Description Summary :
Havas Formula is a top-ranked national public relations agency headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, Miami and Denver. A subsidiary of Havas-one of the world's largest global communications groups-the firm specializes in general market and Hispanic PR, digital and experiential marketing, and crisis communications. Following this integrated approach as champions of bravery, Havas Formula drives strategic marketing solutions that yield bottom-line results for today's passion brands. The award-winning agency's core practice areas include consumer, lifestyle, consumer technology, high-tech, sports and entertainment, and travel, with category expertise in food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, spirits and retail/restaurants.
We are currently seeking a Senior Strategist to lead the formulation of program strategy, target market definition and concept ideation-working alongside agency's creative and division leads, in the development of proposals, client strategies and incremental concept proposals and presentations.
This role drives the strategic planning process for new business proposals and key agency accounts by leading the monitoring, collection and reporting of vertical insights that will help us remain valued strategic partners to our clients. Acts as a problem-solver and provides solutions to team and clients.Job Description :
Day to Day Scope
- Serves as a strategic partner to the agency's division leads by keeping them dialed into the trends and data that are driving pertinent industries and forecasting trends that our clients can get in front of
- Acts as a strategic partner in challenging clients with smart thinking and offering strategic guidance and client counsel
- Regularly brings new opportunities to both audiences to help meet program goals and maintain our position as a strategic agency partner.
Writing | Editing
- Develops an understanding of our client's business environment and challenges and creates real-time "opportunity reports" that support our division leads in serving as value-driven PR/marketing partner to our leading clients
- Works across B2B and B2C categories to generate cultural and marketplace insights/forecasts Incrementalized revenue by assisting in the ideation of new programming linked to what's going on across our top client categories
- Collaborates with our Creative and division account leads to define new opportunities, bring creative concepts to existing clients and root such concepts in solid and ownable insights
- Conducts research, stakeholder interviews, brainstorming sessions, and serves as client-facing consultant on projects in tandem with division leads
- Performs competitive analysis and identifies gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Assembles strategic insights into presentation materials for mid and senior level team members
- Keeps abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, initiatives and companies that are changing our client's businesses
- Leads or collaborates assigned client engagements on a day to day basis
- Is able to lead executive / expert interviews and client presentations
- Selects appropriate frameworks, tools and approaches to use in solving client problems
- Compiles industry trends and data in client-ready format for presentations
- Assists in editing/reviewing insights and related ideas for client presentations to ensure they're structured in a strategically sound, digestible format
- Leads full-service production of insights reports and white papers that serve as proprietary assets and new biz tools for the agency
- Attends and plays a lead role in new business presentations, meetings and scouting opportunities (e.g., trade shows)
- Serves as lead presenter of strategic platforms and creative ideas
: Bachelor's Degree preferred Experience
: 5 years of strategy experience, preferably in an agency environmentS kills & Abilities:
Ability to conduct, analyze, and distill primary and secondary research into usable insights and ideas that are ready-to-insert into client presentations and proposals.
Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences. Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in front of groups. Staff- and client-respected leadership qualities demonstrating proven ability to lead by example. Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment. Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a comfort level handling "hot seat" situations. Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for opportunity. Skills : Contract Type :
PermanentHere at Havas across the group we pride ourselves on being committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and have zero tolerance for discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual's ability to perform their job.Due to high volume of applications, only eligible or matching candidates will be contacted by us.