Eaton’s B-Line Division is seeking a Senior Strategic Account Manager - Seismic Products. The Senior Strategic Account Manager - Seismic Products will be based out of Southern California.
The Senior Seismic Strategic Accounts Manager is responsible for driving and increasing customer preference and demand for B-Line’s seismic product line in their assigned geographic region. The incumbent will meet with contractors to conduct office (and occasionally job site) visits to get an in-depth understanding of current and future projects/opportunities, provide on-site technical support and demonstrate product features and overall seismic service capabilities, to continue building and growing key customer relationships within a given territory. The incumbent will also be responsible for training our external audiences, including local agent sales teams and customers, as it pertains to the seismic product line.
The incumbent will be expected to provide the internal product management and engineering teams customer feedback on new product development projects. In addition, they will be expected to formulate customer needs and concerns into workable product specifications to be implemented by the product manager.
This position requires technical aptitude and strong communication skills to be able to make technical recommendations on product solutions. A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally.
- Sales Efforts
- Establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships and leading growth opportunities through all stages of the selling cycle
- Foster relationships with key management contacts at major/key contractor accounts (i.e. Project Management) located within the territory.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers
- Work withdistribution to coordinate the sale of seismic products
- Develop, update, and execute a territory penetration plan in coordination with sales and product marketing teams
2. Technical Assistance
- Understands and demonstrates the features and benefits of the seismic product line including training others on usage and applications.
- Ensures appropriate technical assistance regarding product applications to end users, inspection and standards personnel, contractors, etc.
- Understands industry codes and standards and is able to clearly present the information to contractors and customers
- Develops and presents technical seminars for customers, contractors, and sales personnel, focused on industry standards, product features & benefits and overall service capabilities.
- Accountable for providing technical support and information to customers on a pre-sales and post-sales basis for product application, specification, interpretation and quotation support.
3. Business Development
- Develops, executes, and manages the new opportunity pipeline to ensure a high quality and healthy portfolio; leveraging extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the product portfolio and future application requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of competitor’s products and identifies strengths and weaknesses compared to B-Line offerings
4. Market and Product Information
- Supports the strategic planning process by informing the business of product trends and competitive conditions within the region, and supports new product releases and new/adjacent account development.
- Works cross-functionally to recommend, develop, and execute new or modified programs to ensure a competitive position is maintained within the sales territory.
- Recommends appropriate product usage to Consulting Engineers and Contractors. Selects suitable products from existing inventory and proposes/develops new products to meet customer demand.
- Reports on new product or process technology, new specifications required by customers, classification of new products; determines quality issues, and directs customer complaints regarding quality, tolerances, specifications, and delivered condition of products.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
5. Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5years of experience in the commercial construction industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this role. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of the following locations will be considered: San Diego, CA, Irvine, CA, or Los Angeles, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Structural, Civil, or ElectricalEngineering
- MBA is a plus
- Experience designing, quoting, and/or working with seismic products
- Experience with 3D modeling programs
- Combination of technical and salesexperience is ideal
- Familiarity with commercial building industry (NFPA codes), knowledge of the International Building Code and ASCE 7, other local codes, as well as an understanding of the seismic market preferred, OSHPD.
- Direct experience with fire protection, seismic bracing products, or MEP
- Ability to work independently from home office
- Excellent communication skills with ability to think on your feet to field technical questions
- Ability to learn, grow, and deal with ambiguity and change
- A strong bias towards action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Effective in a matrix management environment
- Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Strong Customer interface skills. Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2016sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 046921