Senior Storage Engineer
Our client is a leading global financial institution providing brokerage and investment banking services, including asset and equities management.
They are currently looking for a Senior Storage Engineer to join their operations in Chicago.
You will be working on storage infrastructure solutions, enterprise storage platform solutions, and a new storage solution deployed within the company’s application environment.
You will be an experienced Engineer, with a track record working with NAS product lines (EMC VNX and Isilon). You’ll be developing and deploying object stores and leading the firm’s cloud storage strategy.
· Architecture of Storage DR and HA strategy across data centers and public cloud offerings
· Investigate new technologies to leverage in the NAS infrastructure
· Work with administrators, UNIX/Windows/Network teams to maintain a world-class infrastructure
· Serve as the SME for the firm’s NAS storage platform
· Work directly with developers and implementation teams
· Perform advanced troubleshooting
· Manage disaster recovery protocols, file replication solutions, and Signiant file-based replications
· BS in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or comparable (Master’s preferred)
· 5+ years' experience with storage platforms: specifically recent practical experience with EMC VNX and EMC Isilon Platform
· Experience developing and deployment Object Storage technologies (Swiftstack, Cleversafe, Gluster, Ceph)
· Experience integrating storage into public clouds like AWS S3, Google Storage, Azore Storage
· Demonstrated proficiency in Linux and Windows environments, related to file storage and permissioning (NFS, CIFS, native LVM, autofs)
· Experiencetroubleshootingnetwork issues
· Skill with Linux performance measuring and tuning tools (top, ntop, sar, iometer, oprofiled)
· Ability to manage EMC NAS quotas
· Experience with automated deployment mechanisms (Jenkins) and source code management (GitHub)
· Hands-on experience with Virtualization (VMware or Hyper-V, OVA/OVF,Docker).
· Strong scripting skills (Python, Shell, Perl)
· Experience implementing and managing EMC Isilon technology in HPC environments
· Develop the technical environment by discovering and developing internal solutions as well as vendor solutions