Massive private cloud nodes. Smart, tech-savvy clients. Intense challenges and amazing opportunities. Can you lead product development at one of the fastest growing and innovative private cloud providers in the country?
Faction, Inc. is a leader in deploying cloud infrastructure at scale. We are a profitable, venture-backed, rapidly-growing provider of private, hybrid-, and multi-cloud infrastructure. We design and deploy compute, storage, networking, and services for clients who need infrastructure at significant scale, driving those economies of scale to benefit our service provider and enterprise clients. We consult with our client on a variety of cloud migration and transformation efforts, and assist them in making the most of cloud infrastructure with a variety of managed services.
Faction is seeking an extremely talented Senior Storage Engineer who has experience in cloud and virtual infrastructure, with a proficient understanding of complex storage platforms. Can you lead product development at one of the fastest growing and innovative cloud providers in the country?
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and intelligently, function well in a team environment, and display excellent communication skills. Our Senior Storage Engineers are responsible for resolving complex service issues, knowing when to escalate to vendor support. This role is a key position in maintaining our storage infrastructure in multiple datacenters and will be called upon to resolve high level technical issues.
• Manage the massive storage footprint across multiple datacenters.
• Act as a support escalation point to o 1) fulfill customer service requests and deliver world-class customer service o 2) troubleshoot and remedy reported service issues
• Collaborate with Faction clients to plan and execute infrastructure upgrades while ensuring 100% service uptime
• Mentor and train junior support staff
• Mentor and train first level support staff • Enhance operational support processes
• Maintain design documentation, enhance operational support systems
• Review and act upon infrastructure capacity and performance trends
• Fast paced, SLA-bound service provider environment • Breadth of technologies supported • High density cloud environment
• Operationally demanding schedule with on-call duties
• Activities are highly visible and paramount to customer satisfaction
• Five+ years’ experience as a storage engineer, preferably at an IT service provider in a heterogeneous environment
• Hands on experience architecting, supporting, provisioning and maintaining multiple Petabyte of storage (Preferably Dell-EMC and NetApp)
• Ability to work independently and execute tasks with minimal guidance
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• World-class customer service skills
• Self-starter with a demonstrative history of excellent communication and time management skills
• Lifting and exerting up to 50 lbs of force
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor of Science from an accredited university
• Automation and/or Scripting experience
• Aptitude to learn and support a multi-tenant cloud infrastructure
• Experience following ITIL best practices
• Execution of Product Development Life Cycle methodology
• Experience working with Agile Methodologies
• Knowledge of VMware Products
• Dell EMC Certified Professional | Storage or equivalent
• NetApp Certified Storage Administrator or equivalent
• SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE) or equivalent