Senior Storage Administrator Technical Lead
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and maintains complex hardware and software systems.
- Performs application software implementations and upgrades.
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned applications and systems.
- Monitors systems, including setting alerts to maintain the stability of the environment, monitoring error logs, and automating administration tasks wherever possible. Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
- Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases on development, test, pre-production, and production systems.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding system availability.
- Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to other IT departments and application vendors regarding installations, maintenance, licensing and upgrade issues.
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, Pre-production, test, and development environment problems quickly.
- Creates and maintains accurate system run book for assigned systems.
- Maintains current description and documentation of application configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to environments.
- Assists in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning on assigned systems.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, pre-production, test, and t environment problems quickly.
- Frequent non-business hour work requirements for patching, or other updates; ability to take on callresponsibilities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
-Experience with storage infrastructure design, operations, maintenance and optimization.
-Experience with EMC, PURE, and NetAPP storage devices and Brocade switch fabric.
-Manage NetBackup and Data Domain configurations and backup operating environment
-Ability to manage Storage Requirements
-Provide Logical Unit Number (LUN) Services
-Ability to create and manage point-in-time replicas
-Provide Backup Services for Network Resources
-Ability to create Storage Groups
-Ability to provision storage in EMC, PURE, and NetApp environments
-Ability to perform Zone Operations on SAN Brocade switches
May work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-callresponsibilities.
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with business solution software.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.
- A BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience