Senior Storage Administrator
American National is looking to hire a Senior Storage Administrator. The Storage Administrator Team manages the storage infrastructure technologies on our mainframe, midrange and distributed systems computing platforms. This particular position is primarily for the administration of the Mainframe environment but will have some distributed system responsibilities.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assess storage performance, tuning backup/recovery processes, software development requirements and performing disaster recovery activities.
- Troubleshoot and problem resolution involving operating systems, storage components and corollary technologies.
- Resolve highly complex storage problems that could affect utilization, performance or availability and ensure that they are resolved quickly, accurately and thoroughly
- Assist Applications Development team with identifying root cause of storage utilization issues.
- Use system tools to monitor and resolve performance problems. This may include capacity/utilization issues or contention issues which could drive up latency/response times.
- Participates in 24 /7 rotating on-call support.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly related to storage administration activities.
- Advanced knowledge in storage technologies such as IBM DS8886, IBM TS7700, FDR, and IBM utilities.
- Experience with software such as HSM and SMS is essential.
- Experience with ICF catalog support.
- Knowledge with CommVault, IBM Virtualize (Storewiz), and Pure Storage would be beneficial.
- Must have a thorough understanding of system backup and recovery methods and techniques
- Adept in configuring storage technologies to accomplish a complete data recovery.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced team members.